How do you guys manage to play on dusty indoor courts?

My gym's hardwood always has a layer dust that gets on my soles and makes me lose traction. I tried wiping the dust off my shoes with my hands during a game, wetting the soles with water to clean off any dirt/dust and provide more grip, but neither works for longer than a minute. Have you guys tried this court grip stuff?

View media item 225866
What else would you recommend?

Last edited:
That court grip stuff wears VERY fast. Plus, if there is a lot of dust on the floor, it actually makes your grip even worse because the dust sticks to your sole.

This

Its dangerous and I don't pay to play on a dusty floor. Its not even basketball if you cant cut hard.

I think they mop the floors twice a day so it's not really their fault. It's those dudes who come to the gym and play with their dirty outdoor shoes thinking it's all good.

I've seen so many guys sprain their ankles on the court :smh:

I play at Lifetime fitness or X-Sport.  I usually just a) ask an employee to sweep the floor (which they generally do anyway, especially before runs start) and then b) dampen a towel.  Easy as that.  No need to waist money on the court grip stuff.  I heard it ruins the soles of your shoes anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom