How do you guys run a 1 0n 1 fastbreak in basketball?

Hey so I usually play the point guard position, so I tend to get a lot of steals, which leads to fast break opportunities. If it's a 1 on 1 break, what's your technique for taking on the one defender. Do you approach it differently if the defender is a shot blocking big as opposed to a guard?

I go straight for a lay-up and hopefully there's a foul or and-1....Also cover the ball to avoid getting stripped.

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

I go straight for a lay-up and hopefully there's a foul or and-1....Also cover the ball to avoid getting stripped.

pull up for the 3
pimp.gif

attack his hip to avoid any charge.
before getting to the lane, try to turn him as much as you can. makes him off balance and easier to get by.
also dont change your shot. go strong because if you change it, the defender wins.

before getting to the lane, try to turn him as much as you can. makes him off balance and easier to get by.
Yup. Change directions and keep turning him around. It's a lot easier for him to draw a charge if you come right at him in a straight line.

Originally Posted by JD617

Yup. Change directions and keep turning him around. It's a lot easier for him to draw a charge if you come right at him in a straight line.

change your direction by cross over a couple of times and then go hard with both hands on the ball and your body in between the ball and the defender

take it straight to the rim.

the #1 way i can tell someone doesnt know how to attack the hoop on the break, is when they let the defender push them off the path to the basket and end up trying to shoot over them. you have to accelerate past them and take it straight to the cup.

Attack the rim.

If he's a big, try to get past him since he probably can't keep up and he's going to try to get the block so go up strong and he'll probably foul you.

If he's a guard just attack and go right to the rim.

Off hand cross to my strong, In n out dribble. Go straight over the guy. Buckets.

go strong and attack, try to make him off balance

if it is pickup ball, might as well use the off arm and push off, lol

Back
Top Bottom