How do you guys run a 1 0n 1 fastbreak in basketball?

im not much of a creative finisher, so i just hope to get them out of position and go up strong with it. its usually a matter of getting that one step that lets you put the ball against the glass before they can get to it.

1. run as fast as you can
2. jump as high as you can
3. finish as hard as you can
4. if hes trailing you hard, i like to pull up and bank it in.

if the defender is there... i usually side step or use the opposite side and use the rim as protection

Unstoppable move on the break: don't know what it's called, people use it all the time. Reke just spooked Jeffries with it the other night for some context. Dribble and lean one way and then side step to finish going the other way. It's a great move in that situation.

Also, if you got someone trying to block your layin, slow up, push into his chest away from the hoop and then push off that towards the rim. It will be very hard to get your shot blocked.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

Unstoppable move on the break: don't know what it's called, people use it all the time. Reke just spooked Jeffries with it the other night for some context. Dribble and lean one way and then side step to finish going the other way. It's a great move in that situation.

Also, if you got someone trying to block your layin, slow up, push into his chest away from the hoop and then push off that towards the rim. It will be very hard to get your shot blocked.

side step/euro step

http://www.youtube.com/v/wgSOSVJXb08?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/wgSOSVJXb08?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata  

^ Nice. That's my move right there. Never fails.
pimp.gif

In and out dribble around the three point line, then a left handed lay up (even though I'm right handed) is usually what I do.

laugh.gif
if you can't score in a one on one situation then you probably want to pick another sport...or wait for help to come along and run a play or something

If LeBron is on the other team, go for the layup, then in mid-air, turn around and chuck the ball at his baitin nuts.

In and out as I approach. It depends how he bites on it because if he doesn't then I'll usually pull up for a short jumper around the foul line. However, if he's back pedaling really slow, I'll attempt to go by him even if he doesn't bite. But I mean it all changes depending who's guarding me, how much space between us, ect..

I put on the jets and haul $%+ to the basket. Works pretty much all the time except when there's a cherry picker defender who gets in my way
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom