How do you set your goals. Mental Health Check

I don't mean long term goals like savings.

I've been noticing myself being more unproductive on my days off.

Usually CoD or binging.

I want to more more productive to actually improve my well being.

So last week I started walking.

But that gets old after an hour and im right back in the house.

I want to actually improve myself.

I have no idea where to start.

How do you go about self analyzing?

So last week I started walking.

But that gets old after an hour and im right back in the house.

If you do that 5 days per week, that is +5 more hours of "productivity" than you were having before. So don't beat yourself up. That is more than NOTHING.

Are you into Nature at all?

You can buy a bike.

You can go outside and workout.

Drive to a river area (with or without company) and sit by the water.

Just a few suggstions.

I work out at least 6 days a week for at least an hour. More if i have time.

I read/study at least an hour a day.

Take 1 day a week off as a sloth day of doing absolutely nothing unless I get bored.

My job has me working all sorts of weird schedules from week to week. Keeping this basic routine keeps me grounded.

Last edited:
I keep 2 lists going at all times, one for short-term goals and one for long-term goals. Each week I pick a few things to cross off the small/short-term list and actively work towards one of the things on the long-term list. Having a set routine definitely helps facilitate this.

If your goal is to become more active, you really have to enjoy the exercise you're doing. Cycling and hiking have low bars for entry and they're both pretty enjoyable.

Since The Panoramic Hit Aside From Work I've Been A Bum.

The First Thing I Realized Though Is That I Need To Make A List. After I Do That I'll Get Back To This Thread.

Also Dont Know What That List Will Be About But It Sounded Good.

What career field are you in OP?

I work at a manufacturing factory Mon-Thursdays and pick up side work with my old job as an event consultant on the weekends when they have work for me.

Its more then just filling time with activities, its about those activities helping me progress into a better person.

read and learn something new

I dont read.

I know thats counter culture to say.

I just know I'm not alone lol..

Also Dont Know What That List Will Be About But It Sounded Good.

Therein lies the rub 🤣

I work at a manufacturing factory Mon-Thursdays and pick up side work with my old job as an event consultant on the weekends when they have work for me.

Its more then just filling time with activities, its about those activities helping me progress into a better person.

I dont read.

Therein lies the rub 🤣
Starting reading!

Listen to an audio book.
Listen to podcasts.

I listen to LeBatard, Bomani Jones, ReWatchables With Bill Simmons.

Lol I'm not trying to fill time.

jigsta05 jigsta05 thanks for the recommendation.

jape jape I appreciate your help to im not tryna be a smart ***.

What I think you just did was help me realize what I didn’t know.

Maybe its more a current mental state that I have and not a physical.

Its not the doing of something its the thinking of I could be doing something more productive.

If that makes any sense.

read and learn something new

yup, i work with alot of central american immigrants so i’m starting to learn spanish this year.. both formally and informally thru them..

just got my cdl recently, that was my goal before ... so i checked that off the list and added spanish...

now that weed is legal in VA i’m looking into a micro growery...

just find shh ur into bro, and attack it...

something else too bro is finding out what progresses you at work... be it certifications, or school, whatever, find out what’s needed to level up and go for it...

I listen to LeBatard, Bomani Jones, ReWatchables With Bill Simmons.

Lol I'm not trying to fill time.

jigsta05 jigsta05 thanks for the recommendation.

jape jape I appreciate your help to im not tryna be a smart ***.

What I think you just did was help me realize what I didn’t know.

Maybe its more a current mental state that I have and not a physical.

Its not the doing of something its the thinking of I could be doing something more productive.

If that makes any sense.
No I feel you. I should’ve clarified but I meant informative podcasts that can teach you something. Not just for entertainment.

I just think it’s important to keep learning new things

My mental health has been trash for a while now. Anxiety has become overwhelming…my goals for dealing with that are:

-Try to be more positive, stop speaking negatively toward myself and not to speak negatively period

- Find a new, hopefully less stressful job

-Get more alone time and just be in nature to clear my mind

What career field are you in OP?

I dont read.

Therein lies the rub 🤣

Volunteer to be like a sports coach, big brother or any organization that's looking to improve something you're passionate about. As far as improving yourself I would set very small attainable goals for work and fitness, once you start accomplishing goals, no matter the size you'll feel better once you complete it.

glad you made this thread. I really want to, no, I will start being more productive. I feel like my days just come and go, and all my time is given to others that I havent had any me time to improve myself. I am going to change that starting today.

I feel you, like you're not trying to fill time in your day, more to do something productive to progress yourself and as a result those around you. Health, career, finances etc.

its not abot haveing goeals

its about having a system of productivity
create a system for ur day ur week ur month and u will be more productive

I'd say the best thing i've done so far to help get those wheels spinning is budgeting. Knowing where your money goes, what's coming in, what you can get this month, what's set aside for that long term goal etc. helped translated to other things. Just that habit of tracking which i've been poor at. ie short term lose this amount of weight, long term a larger amount. Career wise a specific cert is short term, long term a degree and a certain role is the goal etc. Actually found I had more money to use when situations arise vs free spending and panicking when it happens like "where does my money go?"

Back
Top Bottom