How do you store your sneakers?

Keeping them in a locked, tight bag will dry them out, and they will crumble, but the point is to keep the moisture away, correct?
What I've done for YEARS is put my shoes in a box with a bag that has a cut in it (about 4-5 inches) and it works wonderfully, works pretty much the same as using tupperware.

^^^ My concords are still in the box with a pack of silica pack, removed the paper. However when I decide to unDS them I will keep them in a shoe container with the rest of my worn shoes for ease of access. I primarily keep my retros in a container, the rest of the shoes are on the shoe rack. The boxes are stored in the basement. Nothing special...

Originally Posted by xFLyGUyROCK2O

Hows Everyone Storing Their 2011 Concords XI?
The way they were originally purchased.
Nothing special.

It's only been like 3 months, so its too early to have any changes.

Where do you guys buy the silica packs from? I'm having a hard time finding locally.Peace

You can simply use damprid wherever you store your shoes and you wont need individual silica packets for every pair. Damp rid can be found at most hardware stores and some convenience markets.

Dark, cool, basement closet with 1 damprid hanger. Shoes on shelves in their boxes. For the XIs I took out the paper.

For those wondering about Damprid, i got mine at Lowes but ive found them at Walmart too. I chose the pack of 3 hangers for $8 and change. You can hang em in the closet and you can see the water accumulated which is kinda neat. I tried mine for the first time this past weekend and in 2 days I accumulated a couple drops in my clear baggie.

At the moment I just keep them in the boxes, exactly as I purchased them. I stack all the boxes into a few stacks and that's about it. I'm hoping to buy some sort of Ikea rack or something when I move into my own place, but until then this will do.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by xFLyGUyROCK2O

Hows Everyone Storing Their 2011 Concords XI?
The way they were originally purchased.
Nothing special.

It's only been like 3 months, so its too early to have any changes.

same here when i unDS my pair im gonna store them the same way as purchased but just lay the tissue on the bottom of the inner box  

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 you threw your boxes away??? oh ... man 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

cool dry place no silica or saran wrap or paper. replace paper with black hefty trash bag cut to fit. i have clear sole samples that look brand new and are from 99!!! you would rather have slightly yellow soles than a cracked midsole.

I just remembered, I have all my 3's that were released last year inside the box with the elephant print paper.

While the other releases last year without the paper in box.

Just wondering does it even matter.

Hmm, we'll have to see.

I keep them in theyre og boxes in my closet.. For my heat (doernbecher vi, south beach pre heats) i keep them in ziploc bags inside the box..

I keep mine in the box, wrapped in paper, with a silica gel packet in the bottom of the box under the paper. I've heard people say to take the paper out, but it has never affected my kicks.

HEAT and LIGHT are the two worst enemies behind MOISTURE.

For those of you who ziplock bag them... Why not just stick them in the deep freeze? lol

I stock my DS pairs in a dark closet, smoke free room,silica packs inside the shoe, and ziploc bag them (double ziploc on icy or white white midsole shoes). Everyday I choose a shoe to display on my desk so I can rotate them for fresh air. As for my use ones, I dont use ziplocs for they will crack faster.

same as above ^ og box with cardboard shoe trees/ stuff paper it comes with, nothing to special but gets the job done and keeps them clean enough.

Originally Posted by Mr718

Just switched to plastic bins thanks to Mayor.  Quick pic...

Are those the mens shoe boxes from the container store? If so, how the HELL do you fit your shoes in there properly? I'm a 12/12.5 and some fit ok, some need to be mangled to be able to squeeze in there.

Back
Top Bottom