How Does Dj Khaled Make $?

he puts out a c.d. that has 168462138115 features on it with some of the "top" artists in the game and has beats from "top" producers, andstill sells less than 500k albums! i know some rappers wont charge for a hot 16 if you return the favor on there album, but, this guy doesnt do anything! dorappers make a deal with him, like, " ill spit 16 for you free of charge if you come scream on my next album?" I just dont know how the guy makesmoney from his albums.

He's a radio dj here in miami. At whats really the only hip hop station down here.

I'm sure alot of these dudes get on his albums in return for spins.

Probably gets some $ for being a headlining/celebrity DJ at some big time clubs on South Beach and elsewhere in the US. Also:

59b25cf48da234216d5503d2e490ebd5739f47f.pjpg

He DJ's for 99 Jamz here in Miami and throws the best parties and is the DJ at the best parties.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

He DJ's for 99 Jamz here in Miami and throws the best parties and is the DJ at the best parties.

na i understand he makes money for his other business ventures but im talking about how does he get paid for his albums?

He's a DJ...thats what he does for a living. His entire career doesn't consist of him putting out those albums

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Jamz is like the best radio station ever, and I know this cause I listen to it at work......

I just dont know how the guy makes money from his albums.
Because you don't know the music business.
ya but i thought the label doesnt pay for videos! that comes outa pocket!
My point exactly....

You don't know the numbers it takes to shoot videos, get producers, and artist on an album, so you will not be able to *$*$! the returns. Khaled is a DJwho does mixtapes, parties, tours, and is on the radio. He makes his paper through those avenues. That's not accounting for whatever business I can'tspeak on. He can put money to use to make more money.

ya but i thought the label doesnt pay for videos! that comes outa pocket!
They dont, but he has money from dj'ing, so he can afford it.

You gotta spend $$ to make $$.

well think about how many ways he can gets bread

Dj for:
Radio
Clubs
Concerts
Events
Private Partys

5 ways so far

Producing and co-producing
I also heard he sells the beats for the runners and gets a commission off them so i heard not 100% or at least when he is on the record

Ring tones, Album sales.

Now he has his own label WE THE BEST MUSIC on def jam now he has artists under him ACE etc.

thats 11 ways to get money in music. if anything the artist do tracks for free just to get hot with him because he takes care of the beats so he is basicallypromoting the artists on those 4-10 feat tracks.

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

well think about how many ways he can gets bread

Dj for:
Radio
Clubs
Concerts
Events
Private Partys

5 ways so far

Producing and co-producing
I also heard he sells the beats for the runners and gets a commission off them so i heard not 100% or at least when he is on the record

Ring tones, Album sales.

Now he has his own label WE THE BEST MUSIC on def jam now he has artists under him ACE etc.

thats 11 ways to get money in music. if anything the artist do tracks for free just to get hot with him because he takes care of the beats so he is basically promoting the artists on those 4-10 feat tracks.

i understand what you guys are saying and im not doubting he as some money i was just wondering if he makes that much money from album sales.

he gets it from a reliable person/persons via. brown paper bags

either that or being a dj/the albums he put out (not a lot of $$ but $$ none the less)/produces

DJ Khaled the Don Dada, aka the Big Dog Pit Bull, Terror Squadian, aka We Da Best, aka Dade County 305 the Movement makes various business moves throughdj'ing, A&R/producing and mixtape/album promotions to get his money. He's got nice cars and crib, plus he had to tell Rick Ross's ace E-Classto hold his money because the machine broke from counting too much caaassshhhhh. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom