How does NT feel about the movie J. Edgar being created?

Now I admit, Clint Eastwood is usually money when it comes to film.  I'm hoping he doesn't romanticize the story of Hoover, because the truth is that J Edgar Hoover was a  dirty piece of @#!$. 

As a student of history, I find myself interested in the movie, but I also doubt that they will show the true person,  Lets see if we'll get some information about COINTELPRO.

Are you all checking for this?

I'm highly anticipating this film, the Eastwood/DiCaprio combo should be gold. Trailers would lead us to believe that this portrayal will not glorify Hoover's character. He was a very quirky/weird, unique man.
A hot topic of debate surrounding the movie and J. Edgar in general, is his sexuality. He was rumored to be a homosexual but there hasn't been any solid proof. 

Yes I didn't mention. DiCaprio is a favorite of mine. I'm also familiar that his sexuality has been speculated upon. The insertion of innuendo would probably make the story a little more interesting.

I'm going to approach it with caution...
You see, America likes to rev up the stories of its "heroes" and not talk about the dirty things it does against their own citizens.

I hope that this will incorporate SOME of the negativity that the FBI has been involved in and to a greater extent, most covert government agencies over time.

I have hope that this will happen because 

A. Hollywood is very liberal and likes to send messages.

B. Most of the topics discussed happened so long ago

C. We are seeing a difference use of guerrilla media to expose and make allegories to corruption and greed widespread.  Chances are that the "powers that be" will do anything to prevent tarnishing the image of the agency. 

That being said, I have low expectations for this film. 

Clint Eastwood + Dicaprio...how do you think NT feels?

withholding judgement until I see it...chances are they'll do like goldenchild said.

Really hope theyre not gonna glorify or make him look like some type of american hero in this movie. Most people should already be aware of how sick of an individual Hoover was
30t6p3b.gif
. Why Leo or anyone would agree to portray this dbag is beyond me. Ive always been a fan of biopics so Ill rent it when it comes out on dvd.

Word is Leo's got a dud under his belt...been checking out a few reviews and none of them are good.

Back
Top Bottom