How durable are XX2 & XX2 PE

How long did these last for you for basketballing (i.e. did your soles peel off quickly, per the complaints of a few people I've talked with)?

I'm interested in picking up either the XX2 PE of XX2 CDP for balling, and want to know if they're a worthwhile investment.

THANKS!

In terms of durability, they should be okay, but I got rid of mine for other performance factors.

I didn't like the court feel and transition, and the heel pod placement was off for me. Fit wasn't spectacular either, a bit roomy for my foot.

I'd stay away from the CDP XX2 just because of the upper, it looks like it'll get torn up pretty quickly.

ive been just wearin my xx2s around casually for about a year and im pretty sure theyll be fine for basketball

some ppl may no this already but the 22s r by alltime fav bball shoe...my only knock on them ever was their durability. the black midsole creases and paintwears off within 2 wears. the leather also creases and deforms relatively quickly. the outsole is weird because the icy part will deteriorate a bit as long asthe traction. however, the traction actually increased as it dulled it ???? since their dun from me balling in them i use them as beats now...all the forefootcushioning is gone and the heel pods are creased in (concave). also mold and dirt buildups up underneath the heel pod and above the clear heel outsole partbecause of the open window thing. but easily cleaned with some wipes.
but there an awesome show...my fav...n are piss cheap now. also i bought these the week they released 2 yrs ago if thats relevant at all...

The XX2 PE fits a little tighter than the XX2.. This may be to do with the lacing system. Getting a locked down fit is quite a bit easier than on the firstXX2/

Probably also a little more durable since the upper is durabuck rather than suede. It doesn't appear to have stretched on mine.... so it *might* be theoptimo-buck that was used on the Melo 5.5... Could be wrong on that.

The PE version also has a little more padding at the forefoot.... To me at least that's a plus: I felt the forefoot cushioning on the standard XX2 was alittle thin.

The chrome finish on the "Titanium" plate will scratch easily if you wear them outdoors.

If you have to get a XX2 to play in, i'd suggest you get the PE... It feels like a more focused hoops shoe to me than the standard version.

Depending on how much you pay for it however, there may be better value alternatives out there.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I didn't like the court feel and transition, and the heel pod placement was off for me. Fit wasn't spectacular either, a bit roomy for my foot.

The heel pod placement is pretty poor, and the cushioning doesn't feel great either. Not much point having interchangeable air pods when most of the heelis phylon.
The transition felt strange to me too.... partially because of the placement of the pod, and partially because of the heel being quite a bit higher off theground than the forefoot.
It also feels kinda 'wide' around the heel. All these factors together.... make the shoe feel a little clunky to me.

i play ball in my omega xx2's a lot and i'd say they are pretty durable, i just don't like the pod concept, its not that comfy for me, i just gotused to it and use my omega as beaters. as far as quality goes i think it would last long ,performance wise.

Back
Top Bottom