How far are you willing to travel for work NT?

how far are you willing to travel or do travel for work? time and distance? What time do you wake up for work?? and how much do you pay for gas each week? also the grade of gasoline you pump. :nerd:

Just wondering because I'll be traveling an hour for work in the near future. so it'll be an hour there and an hour to get home 4 days a week. I'll be waking up at 5:30am to get ready for work and leave around there because my job starts at 7 o'clock. Currently I pump around 30 bucks(unleaded) a week because I travel 20-30 minutes for school 2 days a week.

25 miles about 30mins, Plus $20 Altima, V Power $25 if I'm driving my Camaro.

After my last job where I was making **** pay and commuting 20 mins.
10 minutes.
Im sure when I get into my career it'll change. But part time under $8.50 an hour def not worth commuting. Even a good paying job $13+ I prefer it to be local. .

At most 40 min drives one way. Usually like 70 a wk in gas, but that's for regular gas also.

Want something closer and less time demanding plus no weekends off sucks.

Anybody know anywhere hiring in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC? :lol:

Deal with it right now :smh:

Making 14 but commute is 45-60 mins.

It's decent >D

Isn't my career btw, just a job.

:rolleyes well I've had really bad jobs in the past. Mainly restaurants doing 12 hour shifts 6 days a week for very little pay. This job is offering me 10 bucks an hour and an opportunity for advancement later on. I'm actually stoked for this job because its in a nice area :lol:. I'm aware the biggest con is the commuting issue though before I took the job.

At most 40 min drives one way. Usually like 70 a wk in gas, but that's for regular gas also.

Want something closer and less time demanding plus no weekends off sucks.

Anybody know anywhere hiring in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC? :lol:
my place is around 45 minutes but im estimating approx an hour due to traffic lights and etc. I think I'll start pumping around 50 a week but I have sundays off and will be home around 2-3 on saturdays so other than the long drive the job is pretty much :smokin. and definitely :smokin from the jobs i've had previously.

If it's more than 30 minutes to get there...I can't do it. Unless the pay is right.

I used to work in central jersey, near trenton, while living on long island...Drive was about 1hr 45 min....Had to fill up my gas tank every 4/5 days and tolls were killing me....luckily I had family in jersey and it cut down my commute to about 40-45 min....I guess if you really wanna work somewhere, you will make it happen no matter the sacrifice.

im currently working at my clients office which is about 45 miles from my house. i ride the train and its about 1 hour 45 minute commute one way.

i do this 5x a week monday through friday. my metrolink fare for the month is ~$200.

i ******g hate it :smh:

Last edited:
im currently working at my clients office which is about 45 miles from my house. i ride the train and its about 1 hour 45 minute commute one way.

i do this 5x a week monday through friday. my metrolink fare for the month is ~$200.

i ******g hate it :smh:
dang yo. do you enjoy your job?

it's cool. for now.

i'm an auditor working for an accounting firm. i'm mainly working here to get my CPA hours so i see it as a means to an end.

but its not always like this. i'm working at one of our biggest clients, so our engagement is for about 2 months (im 2 weeks into it). for other clients, my commute times will be from 30 minutes - 1 hr one way, which i can live with.

it's cool. for now.

i'm an auditor working for an accounting firm. i'm mainly working here to get my CPA hours so i see it as a means to an end.

but its not always like this. i'm working at one of our biggest clients, so our engagement is for about 2 months (im 2 weeks into it). for other clients, my commute times will be from 30 minutes - 1 hr one way, which i can live with.
sounds like quite a prosperous job. wish you well in your future famb!

usually 80 mins, while the longest its been was 2 hours with traffic. i dont drive to work (not about that DC-Beltway behind the wheel life) so i take a commuter bus, then catch city bus or take the metro depending on which i feel is running more efficient at the time
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

take a 5 am bus that takes about 40 mins to downtown Silver Spring. then i catch either the J2, 3, 4, which take me directly to my office in Bethesda but the commuter bus usually drops me off between J timetables. sometimes have to wait up to 20 mins for the J bus on top of the 15-20 min ride from Silver Spring to Bethesda so roughly add another 30-40 mins. if i take the metro from SS to Bethesda, it takes 45 mins b/c you gotta cut through the city. either way, damned if i do damned if i dont...

...but, my boss recently let me get on a "soccer mom" schedule, so now im only in the office 2-3 days a week (Mondays and Fridays, sometimes Wed if there is a lot of work).

Last edited:

it's cool. for now.

That traffic :x

Had a month long temp position, basically I live one side of the DC metrorail, the job was on the other side + 15 min shuttle ride, took 90 mins altogether.

11.00 a day on train fare was NOT cool tho man :smh:, I was getting paid 20/hour so it wasn't too bad, def. brought my lunch from home tho.

I would do it again if I HAD to, but that kind of commute wears on you, essentially you have no free time at home.

damn some of you travel pretty far for work, but i guess it has to be done.. i travel about 40 minutes to work but thats with traffic m-f

Back
Top Bottom