HOW HAS THE BUY & SELL SECTION BEEN FOR YOU GUYS SINCE THE CHANGE OVER ?

ARE YOU SELLING MORE NOW THEN ON THE OLD NIKETALK ?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know the board is still brand new and taking baby steps but this is more for the sellers then buyers .

Has anyone had a better results in selling since the change over from the old niketalk.

I do like that you can edit your posts without waiting for a mod and you can have more then one listing for each shoe.

That adds exposure if your a long time seller or just starting out.

Both are great.

The since the change over I have had only one person hit me up to buy something

It could also be what I have for sale
People into kicks only want wants current.

I have 121 views on my current buy and sell post but no e-mails or ever silly low balls and only one worthless trade offer.

I have some DS heat i'm ready to put up at the end of the month but i'm not sure if I should sell it on here or take it to flightclub.

Plus I wanted to see what others had to say.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Do not sell on Flight club.....they take 20%-30% of the final sale...the higher the price, the more they take. :smh:

Stay away from NT selling section, scammers, low ballers, flakers. Also do not sell on ebay, paypal fees, ebay fees, holding your funds for 2 weeks, not really worth it for ebay sellers, just buyers. :smh:

I would recommend you take your heat to Craigslist/Backpage, name your price, just sell it for cash. Get more for you money, don't have to pay for fees or percentages to someone.

Do not sell on Flight club.....they take 20%-30% of the final sale...the higher the price, the more they take. :smh:
Stay away from NT selling section, scammers, low ballers, flakers. Also do not sell on ebay, paypal fees, ebay fees, holding your funds for 2 weeks, not really worth it for ebay sellers, just buyers. :smh:
I would recommend you take your heat to Craigslist/Backpage, name your price, just sell it for cash. Get more for you money, don't have to pay for fees or percentages to someone.

the reason i would go with flight club is shoes that i put on here and did not move

would sell in a matter of days once it would go on the FC site

nothing is quicker then flightclub the 20% is bad and the 30% is a real killer
unless you have something really in demand then niketalk and craigslist is the way to go

dont get me wrong
niketalk is a great place to sell shoes but i have not had any serious people or even flakes hitting me up since the change

Last edited:
One example my boy put up a pair of kobe galaxys on FC.

Minus the consignment fee and 10 he paid to have the check mailed, he maid out w 310.

He couldnt get anyone to take the same pair on CG for 250.

While it sucks FC takes 20-30%, I feel like you wind up w a higher profit margin either way.

FC in L.A. only takes 20% and price as such to where you net exactly what you'd get via ebay after fees and with the lowballers on CL.

Sell on FC, bro.

I rather them charge me than to wait for that dreaded chargeback from dealing with these forums

One example my boy put up a pair of kobe galaxys on FC.
Minus the consignment fee and 10 he paid to have the check mailed, he maid out w 310.
He couldnt get anyone to take the same pair on CG for 250.
While it sucks FC takes 20-30%, I feel like you wind up w a higher profit margin either way.

this that is why the prices are so high but at the end of the day you still make your money. Unless you have something really in demand then i can see cl/fb or whatever else people are using today

Feels like there is less traffic. Ive only had 2 PMs since the switch and I used to get at least 2 a day. Makes me wonder how many people are still stuck on "ST" thinking its NT.

I really like the new format with the individual listings for each pair and I think the feedback option is something NT really needed. My biggest complaint thus far is I have had some issues with loading pics, but I think that may just be because the pics I was trying to load were too big.

roll.gif
It kills me that the poll answers are "Yes" or "No"

As a buyer selection has dropped tremendously. Used to see new threads all day long, now it's one every few days

I'm pretty sure you would get almost the same amount of views on your listing on the old NT. the only difference now is that you know how many you're getting. so 2 emails is nothing out of the ordinary.

From my experience selling:

Ebay: Highest profit by far :pimp:, most inconvenient. Ebay had Paypal hold my funds for 3 days after my shoes were delivered to the customer :x

Niketalk: Fair market value, best trade options, most negotiable

Facebook: Lower than market value, weak trade options, quick cash

Craigslist: Most flakers

I haven't sold shoes on here.... yet.
I'm hoping the 300 posts & 1 month still applies to both buyers & sellers

a lot of other people in JB would explain that the eBay fees kill them in the long run even when just trying to get their money back but will refuse to sell on here because they'll just get lowballed to death. :lol:

CL is the main killer for me, in a bad way.... those guise lowball to the grain & on top of that waste my time for "holding" an item they don't come back for. :smh:

I've been a first time seller for eBay just this year but am truly scared to run into those fraud buyers I've read around the regional forums or better yet in general........ :nerd:

As a buyer I think its better. I don't have to go clicking through posts to see what shoes are for sell or are left the one shoe per post makes it a lot easier

eBay BIN > ____ . No haggling, no flakes, and as long as you price them right, they move quickly.

Back
Top Bottom