How is it legal to cancel concerts w/o refunds

I'm just curious. I started attending more music festivals and concerts. And they all have this rain or shine no refunds policy.

If you don't get the service you paid for why wouldn't you get your money back

They state this in the ticket fine print I'm assuming. So the buyer knows the risk. Your essentially paying for the opportunity to see the event if the weather permits it

My school had a concert with Fab, Lloyd Banks, Jadakiss, French Montana, Lloyd, Ashanti outside.. Started to rain, and they took everything from out in the open to cover it up (30min delay).. Then restarted... Went through a few people..By the time Banks came out (he was headlining) it was pouring...

Concerts in the rain >

If it's stated "at your own risk" there is nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:
Dont worry your school was already raping you. The concert was just a reminder now bend back over

Bobby Valentino cancelled in my city because he find out one of the radio djs was making jokes and had other people calling in making jokes about his height.

Usually when events at a venue are cancelled, refunds are given at original point of purchase (box office, ticketmaster), which still screws anyone who bought the ticket 2nd hand like directly from a person or ebay, CL, or stubhub. For example that's what the NBA did when they had that preseason Heat-Magic game but the floor was too slippery because of the ice

My school had a concert with Fab, Lloyd Banks, Jadakiss, French Montana, Lloyd, Ashanti outside.. Started to rain, and they took everything from out in the open to cover it up (30min delay).. Then restarted... Went through a few people..By the time Banks came out (he was headlining) it was pouring...
Concerts in the rain >
If it's stated "at your own risk" there is nothing you can do about it.

UAlbany bruh?

Went to a Jeezy concert in April and it got shot up right before he went on stage. Ticketmaster issued refunds like 2-3 weeks later. His next stop in a neighboring city also got shot up the next day before he went on stage and no refunds were issued. I guess sometimes it depends on the promoters.

OP.....I am confused. The title of the thread and the corresponding original post have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

You ask how its legal to cancel concerts without refunds.....simple answer is it is not.

You completely are misinterpreting what "Rain or Shine" mean. It means the concert will go on regardless of weather conditions. They just have to say that because people are not entitled to refunds if they choose not to sit in the rain.

Last edited:
*googles Bobby Valentino's height*
5'4"!
:wow: :wow:
He should be used to it bruh now.
maybe in 6 inch Timberland heels. That *&%() is high 4's, maybe 5'1. Those ain't even jeans he be wearin, those are Ksteezy style jean shorts. I'm trying to find a picture of him next to someone whos height we generally know but he's a D lister so it's difficult.

bobby-valentino-at-aa4b54d.jpg

155705_133553606698376_100001312116941_166392_7437175_n.jpg

dsc_0544.jpg

463e71bf8ce248a7b97723082e59e581.jpg

Bobby-Valentino-BET-Awards-2012.jpg

tank-and-bobby-valentino-copy.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think you can get a refund in that case

Yea but if I buy a ticket to see Artist A, and he doesn't show up, why wouldn't they give a refund? They might as well say Jay Z is gonna come just to sell all the tix.
The reason I ask is because I've gone to a couple summer jam type concerts and I'm like, didn't they say artist A,B and Artist C were gonna be there?

Back
Top Bottom