How Lending A Friend Your Car, Then Going to Bed Can Land You a Life Prison Sentence vol: the prison

Crazy "justice" system that we have here :smh:
His expression says it all, he looks like he's just given up.

But when you read the article linked in Balko’s post, you learn that not only had Holle “given the police a series of statements in which he seemed to admit knowing about the burglary” before lending the burglars the car, but he also “did testify that he had been told it might be necessary to ‘knock out’ Jessica Snyder.”

Instead of merely knocking her out, the burglars knocked her dead. This sounds like it was foreseeable to Mr. Holle, who knew the burglars were contemplating a burglary with possible violence involved.

Holle now claims he thought the burglars were joking when they talked about the burglary they were going to commit. But a jury convicted Mr. Holle, meaning they didn’t believe that. I’m viewing the facts in the light most favorable to the prosecution’s position, just as an appellate court will. The jury’s verdict necessarily means they believed Holle knew about the planned burglary in advance.

In other words, Mr. Holle didn’t just lend his car to some buddies. He lent his car to some people who said they were going to use it to drive to do a burglary, during the course of which they might “knock out” the victim.

http://patterico.com/2007/12/06/another-misleading-attack-on-the-felony-murder-rule/

let him rot
well there you go.  that's how they got him.

Yeah kinda figured something was up if they threw the book at him but the article painted I'm to be completely innocent.

Dude should never have gotten life, but if I even have a faint idea something hot is about to unravel, I'm popping all tires on my car before I ever let a roommate borrow my whip. Dude could take the bus.

Lol lock this up homie knowingly lent his car out for use in a robbery

He should have taken that plea deal he tried to be cute

Lets try and get some actual innocent cats out

If he had any intent to rob her, ie 'use my car' then he had 'mens rea' (intent) to commit a robbery which is a felony, which means anything flowing from the murder he is also responsible for. While I feel for him, the law makes sense, I agree with the felony murder rule, it sucks what happened to him but he shouldn't be committing robberies.

But when you read the article linked in Balko’s post, you learn that not only had Holle “given the police a series of statements in which he seemed to admit knowing about the burglary” before lending the burglars the car, but he also “did testify that he had been told it might be necessary to ‘knock out’ Jessica Snyder.”

Instead of merely knocking her out, the burglars knocked her dead. This sounds like it was foreseeable to Mr. Holle, who knew the burglars were contemplating a burglary with possible violence involved.

Holle now claims he thought the burglars were joking when they talked about the burglary they were going to commit. But a jury convicted Mr. Holle, meaning they didn’t believe that. I’m viewing the facts in the light most favorable to the prosecution’s position, just as an appellate court will. The jury’s verdict necessarily means they believed Holle knew about the planned burglary in advance.

In other words, Mr. Holle didn’t just lend his car to some buddies. He lent his car to some people who said they were going to use it to drive to do a burglary, during the course of which they might “knock out” the victim.

http://patterico.com/2007/12/06/another-misleading-attack-on-the-felony-murder-rule/

let him rot
life sentence though?

Last edited:

let him rot
life sentence though?

if you knowingly aid somebody in committing a crime... you are partly responsible for the crime and should share the sentence.

He would have already been free had he took the plea bargain....

the main jackboys all got life without parole... he should have been up for parole...but the board probably doesn't like him denying the fact that he knew what was going to happen... probably get let out in 14...

Last edited:
Okay watching the interview fox did with him, he thought they were joking when they said they were going to rob the chick's mom. They were laughing and he thought it was a joke.

IDK what came of the parents, I'll find out as I watch, but I sure hope they were held liable. Her mom was the dealer.

More I watch the more I get the feeling he really did not think it was going to get to that point.

Punishment does not match the crime IMO, but I'm still watching.

They were all friends, she was dating one of his friends. One of the guys who killed her.

Pops confirmed, drugs and money in the safe.

err, or was there? He doesn't say that there was drugs per se. But his daughter was trumping up the contents.

Ah after watching the video, it's still hard to say. Not clear on what really happened. Holle maintains his innocence, the victim's father has a different account.

Last edited:
From what I'm seeing in the foxnews interview with the father, they discussed the plan in dudes room and dude even helped them get bandanas to cover their faces....

From what I'm seeing in the foxnews interview with the father, they discussed the plan in dudes room and dude even helped them get bandanas to cover their faces....

yeap just saw that last part, damn how did you finish the vid before I did?

anyways.

I'd like to know what exactly was in that safe. was her mom selling drugs?

if so hell ******* yeah the parents should be held liable.

Also Holle maintained in his jail house interview that he didn't think they were serious. Did not mention bandanas.

life sentence though?
It's kinda like, if you and a few friends are going to rob someone and only plan to rob him and one of your friends we're to kill the person you planned to rob, you would be an accessory to the murder since you we're there.

Kinda of the same thing, he knew what they we're going to do from that other part of the article even though he wasn't actually there. He was still one way or another involved. Maybe she doesn't die if he doesn't lend them the car....then again maybe she still does.

So none of his so called "friends " vouched that he didn't know what they were going to do?if I'm reading it right the prosecutor was able to somewhat prove that he knew their intentions?

they did

Allen said in a pretrial deposition that all Holle did "was to say, 'Use the car.' I mean, nobody really knew that girl was going to get killed. It was not in the plans to go kill somebody, you know."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/us/04felony.html?_r=0
Well the I guess he deserves it he knew dey were going to rob her.. Nothing good comes out of crimes ..it is what it is

If he knew a crime was to be committed and he lent his car, I can see him justifiably going to prison. For life though? Naw...

Shoudda taken the 10 year bid.

If he knew a crime was to be committed and he lent his car, I can see him justifiably going to prison. For life though? Naw...

Shoudda taken the 10 year bid.
Exactly shoulda taken the 10year ... But he wants
To. Prove the law wrong when. He was obviously wrong

what an idiot

even if he did know they were gonna use it for a burglary why would he admit it? :lol:

life sentence though?

It's kinda like, if you and a few friends are going to rob someone and only plan to rob him and one of your friends we're to kill the person you planned to rob, you would be an accessory to the murder since you we're there.

Kinda of the same thing, he knew what they we're going to do from that other part of the article even though he wasn't actually there. He was still one way or another involved. Maybe she doesn't die if he doesn't lend them the car....then again maybe she still does.
I know these laws exist, I know a few people doing time for it.

still crazy

I actually just remember my cousins got fined for essentially doing something like this.. But it was selling alcohol to minors when dey used to own a liquor store.. How's it da same"? Knowingly committing a crime by giving minors alcohol ( so essentially committed two crimes ) and then the fact that ppl usually commit crimes when intoxicated

Last edited:
RIP to the girl
tired.gif
.  Her parents should get life in prison as well.

was it proven they were drug dealers?
The mom got 3 years for possession of marijuana.  I'm not sure if they have priors, but at the very least the mom did have marijuana and it was known to the people who attempted to rob them that she did have marijuana.

I mean, I was probably being a bit too harsh saying both of the girl's parents deserve life in prison too, but the mom should have known better than to have marijuana in the house unless it was for medicinal purposes, which she wouldn't have gotten 3 years for if that was the case.

Back
Top Bottom