How Likely is it to fail a Field Sobriety test while sober.

Ok so I got pulled over tonight on my way over to my apartment from a late night trip to the dining hall. Cop comes behind me and obviously I am lookingbehind me trying to figure out why he was creeping behind me. My speed was below speed limit so then he pulls me over. They say I was failing to maintainlane. I supposedly hit the double yellow line and supposedly hit a curb on a turn or something. I am driving a Dodge Intrepid so its not like I am driving asmall car and it is possible for me to hit the yellow line while I am trying to see the cop behind me. Anyway they think I had been drinking and make me dothe field sobriety test. Keep in mind that I am a big guy, 6'3" almost 300 pounds and I also have flat feet. Also I wasnt wearing shoes, I waswearing some nike slides with socks on. So they have me standing on one foot for 15-20 seconds and I was not looking good. I try to tell them that my balanceis not good enough to stand on one foot like that without adjusting my weight. They were rude and said that the tests were made for "normal" people. They realize I am not drunk because they can't smell alcohol and my eyes are perfectly fine. So then they assume that I was on Coke or something becauseI was so bad on the test. So they finally let me go with a ticket which I am appealing of failure to maintain lane. What is the deal on these tests and can Iget in more trouble if I fight this or is the worst case scenario for me now is paying the 90 dollar fine.

intteresting, i never heard of a sober person failing the field sobriety, but i understand your proportions can cause you too.

starting P.O. salaries for msot cities? Around 30k.

Hence, a lot of P.O. aren't the sharpest tools in the Shed.

even if you do, you can have them take your blood, breath, or urine and itll show that you're sober

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

starting P.O. salaries for msot cities? Around 30k.

Hence, a lot of P.O. aren't the sharpest tools in the Shed.

co-sign....they still dont know how to do pre-algebra being a grown%#$% man
laugh.gif
smh.gif

anyone can fail, i can't do half the $#+$ they ask when sober, you have the right to ask for the breathalyzer test...if they dont have one with them, theyhave to let you take it at the precinct and if you pass they have to let you go.

Its easy to fail, I have 2 DUI's for having pot in my SYSTEM. I was sober BOTH times, but failed the tests so they made me pee in a cup. I hat pot in mysystem so they gave me DUI's for having a drug metabolite in my system.

I feel like they would be easy to fail. Should have told em to just give you the breathalyser

how u have a fat guy try to balance himself... thats just wrong... cops suck... at least u werent ridin dirty... u know thats what they doin... they saw urollin...they was hatin... patrollin and tryin to catch u ridin dirty... tryin to catch u ridin dirty...

Super easy to fail. I failed and was taken down to the station for a pee test. When I failed the urine test I was in shock. I haven't ever even smoked acigarette much less done other stuff. My case was finally dropped months later, but it was a huge hassle.

I did tell them to give me a breathalyzer. It was ridiculous, the guy thought I was high on coke or something because I did so bad on the field test and hecould not smell alcohol and my eyes were not red.

i have passed one but they just made me follow a pen with my eyes, i didn't have to get out of the car.

Thats when you ask them to test your BLOOD, URINE, everything .........PLASMA for that matter!! You don't want a DUI

KOBEKID24 you have a cool avatar, I can't believe that guy (FLOYD PATTERSON???) missed all those punches, and all that ALI did was feint his head.

I tried the mustard before taking a breathilizer, and that ishh didnt work...i think i had 2 beers... n I blew like a .01 or soemthing

smh.gif
for ludacris telling to keep mustard in your car....

That is a pimp avatar Kobe...

I wouldnt even fight it... just toss them $90 and save yourself a headache

I watched that david boston video and felt bad for him the whole time.

Then i googled it and read that he had GHB in his system.

...the hell?

shoulda asked to be tested NON STOP. qtip swab, saliva tests. all that good stuff.

field sobriety tests are the worst. what if youre just ******ed and cant walk? there should definetly be some exceptions

I passed one with flying colors after 6 beers, if they woulda given me a breathalizer it woulda been a wrap for me, but thankfully they didn't. I willnever put myself in that position again, SMH at me.

they dont get you on the sobriety test.. they get you on the Breathalyzer... and if they still doubt you.. tell em take you to the shop and they can takeblood.. because you can fail the Breathalyzer after using mouthwash

Originally Posted by sick90teg4dr

Its easy to fail, I have 2 DUI's for having pot in my SYSTEM. I was sober BOTH times, but failed the tests so they made me pee in a cup. I hat pot in my system so they gave me DUI's for having a drug metabolite in my system.

....crazy. I never knew that they could do that.

^Neither did I. I drive blazed ALL the time. I'd bargain to say I'm blazed 50% of the time I'm driving. ( I live like 6 minutes away from campusand that's really the only place I drive to)

Back
Top Bottom