How long can Nike Dunk SBs be stored deadstock and still be wearable?

I’ve been saving up to get a pair of the MF DOOM Dunk SBs from 2007, but I’d want to wear them. Would they still be wearable 12 years later or would they fall apart quickly?

I’ve been saving up to get a pair of the MF DOOM Dunk SBs from 2007, but I’d want to wear them. Would they still be wearable 12 years later or would they fall apart quickly?

They'll be wearable, you're good.

EDIT: My first answer was a little lazy and didn't fully address the thread title.

Short answer: The soles are made of rubber so they won't crumble, and zoom bags typically only die if they pop so SB Dunks are generally good for decades.

More detailed answer: The uppers are the areas of concern if we're getting technical about wearability. For instance, the silver swoosh on the original Diamond Tiffany Dunks peels over time and there isn't really any way to fix that shy of maybe fully peeling it off and just painting the swoosh to look close.

Various other pairs that maybe do something interesting material-wise on the upper would have the same concerns about things eventually peeling or cracking. To the best of my knowledge, nothing about the Dooms is in risk of drastic deterioration.

Last edited:
They'll be wearable, you're good.

EDIT: My first answer was a little lazy and didn't fully address the thread title.

Short answer: The soles are made of rubber so they won't crumble, and zoom bags typically only die if they pop so SB Dunks are generally good for decades.

More detailed answer: The uppers are the areas of concern if we're getting technical about wearability. For instance, the silver swoosh on the original Diamond Tiffany Dunks peels over time and there isn't really any way to fix that shy of maybe fully peeling it off and just painting the swoosh to look close.

Various other pairs that maybe do something interesting material-wise on the upper would have the same concerns about things eventually peeling or cracking. To the best of my knowledge, nothing about the Dooms is in risk of drastic deterioration.
Awesome, thanks! That was really helpful. I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn’t going to spend several hundred bucks on a pair of kicks that I could only look at.

Back
Top Bottom