How long can you keep a shoe DS before its too late to wear em?

i unDS a pair of OG 7s the other day. they held up good for a few hours then i put em back in the box.

older og and retro's from iii to x are foam based, so you have to be careful when un-ds them if they have been sitting around for years. it's true ifyou properly stored them in a cool, dark dry place this will help the shoe from crumbling when you decide to wear them eventually. as far as any jordan modelxi and up, the only thing you have to worry about with these models are the glue drying up and some separation but you can easily fix this problem with epoxyglue. enjoy the shoes and just wear them. what's the point of having them if you don't wear them. isn't that the whole point of buying them in thefirst place?

It all depends on the sneaker (it's sole in particular), and how you store them. Moisture and sun exposure are the two worst enemies, but if you store themproperly, you can keep them DS for 10+ years.

Most of my kicks I keep in a dry place. I wear most of my kicks but never in the rain. There will always be a time where jordan will retro them again.

i think it is best to wear them right off the bat, as soon as possible;
get maybe 10 good wears out of them then you can put them away and wear
them sparingly...you gotta break them in ya know like a baseball glove

then they will last a lot longer

the longer you initally wait is what makes the diffrence i think

Originally Posted by moelest

i wear my kicks..feels sooooo good when they're on ur feet dude
smile.gif

its a shoe..not a trophy

QFT.

Originally Posted by DR813

I wear all of my shoes. I don't DS my kicks. Shoes are meant to be worn, so you should wear them as soon you get them. I don't understand how people keep their shoes on "ice" for years. to me that's a waste because by the time you decide to wear them, the sole will crumble and the kicks are destroyed. Wear Your Kicks!
QFT

hard to say. some kicks fall apart faster than others particularly jays unlike sbs. store them properly and clean/check on them regularly if ur keeping them ds

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

If it's a pair of sneakers that I really love, then I wouldn't rock em' till a getting a second or third pair.

COULDNT AGREE MORE LIKE THESE CG XI...
378073125.jpg
378073123.jpg
378073120.jpg
378073119.jpg
THEY WONT SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY UNTIL I FIND ANOTHER PAIR(SZ. 12 DROP ME A PM IF YOUR SELLING) SO I CAN ACTUALLY WEARTHEM... BUT IF I DONT, I WONT WEAR THEM THEY ARE TOO BEAUTIFUL

imo, shoes are made so that we can wear them.
i enjoy all my kicks i don't want them to rot in their boxes.

Great Thread..I definately like evryones opinion but i gotta agree some kix are worth keeping DS until u have that 2nd or 3rd pair and can rockem knowing ustill have one on Ice

For me it just comes down to a certain party or event....I've un DS some heat on dates too....woman love some clean kix even though 1/2 of them don'tknow !+%! about em "are those new Jordans!?" says the cute chick with me starring at my Dunk SB's.....lol that was in cali....out here in houstonwoman def on that sneaker tip to a higher degree. Lol there is nothing like that first feeling of confidence about rocking a new pair....especially when Irocked my first pair of "neck-breakers" had to get used to the starring and questions! Cute chicks ftw
pimp.gif
group of sneak heads stopping to talkwhen I'm hollin at cute females for that loss however..
frown.gif
Have to say though....I haven't had that feeling in long time...fakes kinda ruined that loveof fresh rare sneaks for most of the heads I know...now you just get hated on for rocking dope !+%!..I feel ya bout not caring bout others but damn that +@$+can get annoying....back on topic....had some the other day brag about never setting foot in his DMP 11's.....WORD homie? What good is icy soles if you letem melt in the box? PLZ smh keeping one on ice WHILE you rock though needs its own NT APPRECIATION thread seriously
smile.gif
pimp.gif

I wear all of my kicks except for the DMP package(OG). Even with me rotating my kicks my retro XII's (black/red, French blue) have started to seperate dueto the glue drying up. My black/red pair are the worst. The playoff XII's are fine.
What is the best way to store them? I have all my shoes in the box stacked up in my closet. It stays dark and humid free.

smile.gif

just clean them after use, good storing, and they will last...my bred and jams still look like new.
just picked up a DS pair of columbias 01, unDSed them and they crumbled. so right now if i wanna buy some kicks, i would rather pick the VNDS other than DS ones..

its a shoe..not a trophy
Jordan XI's crumbling??...... thats a first

If you live in a humid area (such as Florida) then your shoes will not last as long. I live in Las Vegas (low humidity area) and my shoes are in greatcondition, even after 10+ years.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

smile.gif

just clean them after use, good storing, and they will last...my bred and jams still look like new.
just picked up a DS pair of columbias 01, unDSed them and they crumbled. so right now if i wanna buy some kicks, i would rather pick the VNDS other than DS ones..

its a shoe..not a trophy

crumble NO...seperate YES

I wear 99% of my kicks, usually within a week after I get em. However there are couple which I plan on selling so I rather keep em DS.

Originally Posted by darealjkid

you know some people dont wear their shoes because some people have really rare kicks.
lol. if thats the case then you can just look at them online for free then. sorry i just don't see the sense in this. people buy old rare carsand im sure they take them for a spin every once and a while. they were meant to be worn.

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

Originally Posted by andfattoo

smile.gif

its a shoe..not a trophy

crumble NO...seperate YES

i thought so........... and thats a BIG difference.

Today I busted out my aquas to wear to school feeling like a million bucks. And what do i see during 4th period? The midsole cracked and crumbled on me afterthe first wearing!?!?!?! This has been a traumatizing experience for me and i don't think i want to wear another pair of my babies again. On that noteanybody have a size 10.5 pair of aquas I can buy to make me feel better? lol but in all seriousness I hate to see my prized kicks fall from such a beautiful,pristine state to what i have witnessed with my own eyes today... peace out guys. I'm going to go cry now...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I wear all my J's and just keep them in good condition, alot of them can pass for DS.

Back
Top Bottom