How long does it take to write your research papers?...VOL Procrastination

I PROCRASTINATE too much!
mad.gif

I have a big 6 page paper due tomorrow 

Just curious how long does it take you to write a 6 page paper?

any tips to get through faster?

mad.gif

I can't write like that. I can study under pressure trying to meet a deadline but I take too much pride in my writing to submit some rushed bull %!@%.

I can't write like that. I can study under pressure trying to meet a deadline but I take too much pride in my writing to submit some rushed bull %!@%.

last semester i wrote my 7 page term paper in one night and aced it.
pimp.gif

tips in general: plan ahead and write bits and pieces of it at a time

tips for the paper you're about to write: get off NT, facebook, etc. turn off the tv, and just start going

last semester i wrote my 7 page term paper in one night and aced it.
pimp.gif

tips in general: plan ahead and write bits and pieces of it at a time

tips for the paper you're about to write: get off NT, facebook, etc. turn off the tv, and just start going

I despise writing research papers. It doesn't come easy to me so I have to work on it weeks in advance to get a quality paper

I despise writing research papers. It doesn't come easy to me so I have to work on it weeks in advance to get a quality paper

Originally Posted by HTXMade

mad.gif

indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, once I know what the assignment is about I tend to construct my paper mentally, that's usually very crucial for me. Once I get ready to start typing it, I do online/book research, I weed out what's useful, make notes, and transfer everything into Microsoft word. [/color]
happy.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] I procrastinate (well, not as of late) so all of this is done a day or two before the paper is due. Get off of NT bro.[/color]
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HTXMade

mad.gif

indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, once I know what the assignment is about I tend to construct my paper mentally, that's usually very crucial for me. Once I get ready to start typing it, I do online/book research, I weed out what's useful, make notes, and transfer everything into Microsoft word. [/color]
happy.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] I procrastinate (well, not as of late) so all of this is done a day or two before the paper is due. Get off of NT bro.[/color]
30t6p3b.gif

A 6-page paper? It depends on what the topic is. If it's something that I'm highly Interested in, I'm done in a couple of hours.

If it's like some boring subject like Philosophy, it could take overnight to a couple of weeks!
laugh.gif

As for the tips. Make an outline of the important stuff you intend to talk about. It will definitely get you in the right direction on what to emphasize/focus on. Will help you make the whole paper flow well, too.
smile.gif

A 6-page paper? It depends on what the topic is. If it's something that I'm highly Interested in, I'm done in a couple of hours.

If it's like some boring subject like Philosophy, it could take overnight to a couple of weeks!
laugh.gif

As for the tips. Make an outline of the important stuff you intend to talk about. It will definitely get you in the right direction on what to emphasize/focus on. Will help you make the whole paper flow well, too.
smile.gif

A couple hours if FB and NT aren't distracting, I procrastinate til the last night too

A couple hours if FB and NT aren't distracting, I procrastinate til the last night too

Usually 1 to 2 pages per hour depending on how well I know the subject, and how much research I have to include in it. Smh at professors who require 1 source per page when I could probably get by with half of that!

Usually 1 to 2 pages per hour depending on how well I know the subject, and how much research I have to include in it. Smh at professors who require 1 source per page when I could probably get by with half of that!

This semester I have Three 7-8 page papers... Five 4 page papers... Two 2-3 page papers... 1 group paper that is like 16 pages (Ends up around 5 pages for me)..... and a 50 page paper...
sick.gif

Like everyone said it all depends on the subject... Maybe 1/2 page if I'm not interested or lost... 1-1/2 pages if I'm interested in an hour.

This semester I have Three 7-8 page papers... Five 4 page papers... Two 2-3 page papers... 1 group paper that is like 16 pages (Ends up around 5 pages for me)..... and a 50 page paper...
sick.gif

Like everyone said it all depends on the subject... Maybe 1/2 page if I'm not interested or lost... 1-1/2 pages if I'm interested in an hour.

Originally Posted by Essential1

This semester I have Three 7-8 page papers... Five 4 page papers... Two 2-3 page papers... and a 50 page paper...
sick.gif

50 pages isnt even a paper anymore,thats a novel
sick.gif
sick.gif

And I do the opposite of procrastianting on large papers. If we have a month to do them I work hard and finish it in a couple days and dont worry about it
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom