How long until you toss your new era hat?

I always see people with fresh caps but I've never seen anyone with a really beat up one. They either got lots on rotation or they rarely wear their caps. Just curious on how long these things could last with hard wear until they actually rip or something. Right now I currently have one since 2009, been wearing it since then and washed it about 3 times because it smelled so bad.

I like beat up new eras

Worn in fitted with a bit of wear>>> Crisp 

I used to wear a hat every single day in college and they all still looked new. I couldn't imagine what it would take to get beat up

Last edited:
My two current beater hats. Usually wear them when cutting the lawn 

This one actually fell off once and went under the blade

Still wear it though since it gets the job done 
smokin.gif

nthat.gif

Other beater 
pimp.gif
 Classic

Cant get myself to toss it 

Gotta get one of those mesh fitted joints. Head can breath and they dont look bad.

I usually buy 2 at a time prolly 2-3 times a year.

If the new one replaces the other one color wise, i wear the older juan to work.

My oldest fitted is about 7 years old but I wore them rarely,when I did wear them. Maybe once a month, if that. I haven't worn some in years.

I knew i wasn't tripping when I thought that they shrunk. I was like ain't no way my head is growing this late in the game.

I'll post a pic of the modest collection

Last edited:
Glad to hear they actually shrink. I thought i was turning into ken griffey jr on that episode of simpsons.

the only new era hat I actually keep for a long time is my red sox one. I have this thing where if they have a bad season, I'll toss it out and get a fresh one come spring but for now I'm rocking the hat I bought in 2013, I think it's lucky and will switch it up next time they blow it. it's a spiritual thing. other hats will last a year.

The pre 2007 wool caps were prone to get beat up and smell with exposure to sweat. But it also meant your hat would shrink to size.

Depends on how much wear I put on them. Wearing one constantly. I'll have it for a year at most until I turn it into a gym hat and then buy another one to replace it. I have a few hats that are a couple years old but still look brand new cause I don't wear them that much. I have to buy a kings hat and a ca angels hat yearly.

they do, the new ones advertised not shrinking as much which they don't but they still do.

Get the lids water resistant spray it helps, and try not to sweat too much on them.

I got about15 new era fitteds and a few polo caps so i have a good rotation so im not sweating too much in em.

my rotation is so large my fitteds never age. i got pinwheels from da OG jersey era deadstock.

I can't keep up with fitteds for ****... once it gets crushed it's over for me.

Ain't no way I'm wearing a frumpy *** hat.

The last few I bought my son took them. He can't eem fit em, but he gotta big head like me so I'm sure he'll grow into them.lol

The last few I bought my son took them. He can't eem fit em, but he gotta big head like me so I'm sure he'll grow into them.lol

lol, that's crazy. I got way better taste in clothes than my dad, I never wanted to touch any of his stuff besides his heavy 1990's jewelry

Last edited:
I've had my la hats for like 7-8 years. I only wear them when I don't wanna put gel in my hair. I hope they don't smell. Hahaha. I'm gonna smell it tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom