How many have sold their collection

Originally Posted by Cubinican

Originally Posted by jazz145

Well it depends on what shoes they are and how much you like them. If they dont hold any value to you then sell them and get money.

I have alot of  Jordans and Forces, Air Max etc. Its bad like most of them I really dont even like anymore just because I bought them just to say I have them
thats a expensive comment.

I sold a lot of kicks over the past 2-3 years.......I'm looking to sell a lot more cuz I have a kid on the way and I need the money........most of them are a 9.5-10 I got a lot of ds kicks also......if anyone wants the list of current shoes I have just pm me.........some joints I'm not selling yet tho

i have heat and why the f did i buy those in my closet
sell them yes dammit but the hassle you must go through to sell +@## it sucks man
i just want to have a robot who buys my shoes reads my mind and tells me which ones i will never wear and how much i can get out of them
someone make this robot

why even post this in general anyway, most never had a collection to begin with.

im still strong, 80+

only 10 or so in my rotation, only wear on weekends.
same 3 pairs to work out/gym

i wouldnt mind parting ways with a few, ill be done once i get hong kong af1's, if i can find a pair..smh

I need to sell more.. I could use the cash. 140+ pairs of shoes and I only keep 4 in rotation.
tired.gif

almost my whole collections gone..I still buy up a pair or 2 if I know the beats will be after em soon and make a quick buck. I only buy shoes I'm going to wear other than that

Yeah I was one to sell off my Collection. 80+ Pairs Felt Like I had to Grow Up a little and Invest my Money Better. Also Needed The Money to Fund My Wedding. Needless to say I sold Some of my Favs and Slowly working my self back to my 30 Pair Rotation

I would sell so many shoes for way under value, like $30, just to get rid of them if I knew someone who would take them in person.

Selling on the internet is too annoying.

I've sold almost everything I had.

Space jams (first retro)
Black/red XI (sold 3 pair total)
Cg XI
White.black.red V
Black silver V
Olympic VII
Laserv V
Penny Foamposites (blue)

And a host of other jordans and nikes.

I'm down to about 15 pair that I'm selling all at the same time.

Afer that...ill only have timberland boots and casual shoes...no more jordans and nikes. (Cept the black dunks my boy bought me.....ill keep them even though they are too small.

I sold my collection *about 80 shoes* circa 2005.
I was getting what most people get now for DS shoes, for my VNDS shoes!
They were mostly SB dunks, and I sold Espo's for about $485, and they were worn.
Nowadays Espo's in DS condition don't reach those prices.

I still have about 30 or 40 pairs of shoes that I put into rotation, but lately I've been wearing Takashi 2's, Staple Design x Airwalk Payless shoes that I bought for $10, Fire Red III's, and I'm about to throw in the Black / Varsity Red VI's into the mix.

i really think its a hobby now... if there something i really like ill get it i dont just buy random kicks any more then again i haven bought a pair in like a yr... ive thought bout selling but i feel i went through the trouble to get them why sale
laugh.gif
if i was really in need of money then ya i would consider it.

im like most of yall i have a few kicks that in my rotation if its the weekend and something is going down ill break out some heat.

At one point I had about 150 pairs, but I'm now down to about 75-80. There are still a few I am trying to
get rid of.

I sold about 20-25 pairs in the last 2 months....and i cant even tell the difference in my shelving unit.

I may have to sell more.

What I've sold:
Air Max 90 Infrared

Air Max 90 Infrared

Air Max 90 Infrared

Air Max 90 DQM

Air Max 90 DQM

Air Max 90 DQM

Air Max 90 Lime

Air Max 90 Safari

Air Max 90 Python

Air Max 90 Python

Air Max 90 Clerk

Air Max 90 Crepe

Air Burst Crepe

Air Burst Navigation

Air Burst Slim Shady

Air Burst Slim Shady

Air Burst Slim Shady

Air Burst Patent Black/Red

Air Force 1 High Lux

Hawaii Dunk

Kermit Dunk

Safari Dunk

Jordan VII Chambray

Jordan VII Cardinal

Jordan VII Flint

Air Classic BW Clerk

Air Force 180 Union

Gucci Sk8 High

Air 180 Aquamarine

Terminator Low Mardi Gras

Air Force 1 Low Tuxedo

Adding up roughly what I paid for JUST the pairs listed above, the total comes to $3,875 (off of my memory), and I think I sold everything for roughly $5,060.  Definitely an absolute waste of time and money, in hindsight.  I never intended to profit going into it, I meant to have pairs to last me a life time, but that mentality was so ridiculously short sighted.  Ideally, I would have still been into it, but like others have stated, my priorities changed, and when I realized I could triple my investment on some of the shoes, I simply said F it and let them trade hands.  It was fun while it lasted though, lacing up and putting on a pair of shoes for the first time is definitely a great feeling.  Kind of sad selling out of it though.

i say go with your gut feeling. If you need the money sell them. Are you thinking about getting out of the game or just in need of some quick cash.

i am looking to sell almost of the doubles i have and many singles

i am still into shoes but not like i used to

would be great if i could get a major reseller to take all my shoes in one shot

i dont care at this point if i make a profit or not if i sell alot at one time 
I dont want to sell piece by piece 

I am on the verge of selling my collection which isn't much but I always wonder if I do this, I might get shoe crazy again and buy more stuff. The only positive thing about having a collection for me is that I don't have to buy kicks no more.

Still, it is tempting. I might just sell my most expensive shoes that I don't wear at all (Lucky SG, Diamond SB, J-Rods, Flash SB, Shark SB, HUF hi's, Ice SB, Rayguns) and cash in on those.

Back
Top Bottom