How many minutes before a restaurant closes until you decide not to go in?

Mr Dink

formerly foamposite xi
Last month my wife was in the mood for Cheesecake Factory and it was 10:45. She asked what time they closed I told her 11. She said let's go then! I told her that's not cool and she just did the Kanye shrug. We got there at 10:55. :smh: Yes, they served us.

Also, me and a homie were trying to decide what to eat. He was in the mood for Red Robin so he asked what time they closed. I told him 10 but it was 9:15 and he's like nah, man. I looked at him like :stoneface:

What about you?

Last edited:
An hour cause I ain't eating old **** or rushed undercooked **** just cause they want to leave

I like going to my local Chinese take out spot about 5 minutes before they close. Why? Because the start boxing up the food in to-go plates and knock off $2. She says it's better than throwing the food away.

Yeah, I can be cheap sometimes.

I like going to my local Chinese take out spot about 5 minutes before they close. Why? Because the start boxing up the food in to-go plates and knock off $2. She says it's better than throwing the food away.

Yeah, I can be cheap sometimes.

I do enjoy this as well.

If you're not picky about having the freshest doughnuts, Dunkin will give you extras if you come in a little before closing.

Maybe 30 minutes for sit down restaurants

30 minutes for fast food restaurants because I know the feeling and also after a certain time they start being sloppy and/or serving **** cooked past whatever time you're supposed to make new stuff

Last edited:
An hour

I know how it feels to want to get the hell outta work and in the final hour you get some bs sent your way. I feel for the workers .

Agreed with all of this. I try to keep it within 2hrs depending on the spot.

I'll order take out an hour before closing. Won't go dine inside a place that's close to closing tho. I remember one time i was hungry as hell and ordered wing stop a 11:30, thinking that was too soon to closing time since it's closes at midnight. I got pick up my **** at 11:50 the place is packed, and people are still coming in placing orders. I know longer felt bad about placing my order so late. :lol:

Coming in them places a few minutes before closing times is taking a risk. Them people be ready to peace out. I"ve seen the movie waiting. :lol:

Last edited:
I do enjoy this as well.

If you're not picky about having the freshest doughnuts, Dunkin will give you extras if you come in a little before closing.
Damn, too bad I don't have one near me. The 2 closest to me are the 24 hr type so they always have fresh batches on deck. 

A place like CF I would say 1.5 hours. It's gonna take 30 min to get your food, 30 to eat it in an enjoyable manner. And then you wanna chop it up for a few. I hate the feeling of a restaurant closing down while you're eating. You can see the workers bustling around in their pre-closing mode.

Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell have such fast service I would feel no type of way cutting it close (5-10 min).

Other places like Chipotle and Panda Express where they make big batches of food is a dicey situation. They might run out of food or it'll be the cold scraps. Chipotle offered me an avocado once because they ran out of guac. I was like wtf?

30 mins before the restaurant closes is the latest I'll go. Usually restaurants will tell you they stop sitting people 15 minutes before they close

I'll order take out an hour before closing. Won't go dine inside a place that's close to closing tho. I remember one time i was hungry as hell and ordered wing stop a 11:30, thinking that was too soon to closing time since it's closes at midnight. I got pick up my **** at 11:50 the place is packed, and people are still coming in placing orders. I no longer felt bad about placing my order so late. :lol:

Coming in them places a few minutes before closing times is taking a risk. Them people be ready to peace out. I"ve seen the movie waiting. :lol:

Think about the quality of food ur gonna get when you go in right before closing...those cooks probably dead tired and will not be at their best making food.

If you're hungry that late, might as well hit up a diner, IHOP, or somewhere else that's open 24/7. Or just wait till the next day.

1 hr for sit down 

For fast food, they aren't closed until they're closed so i guess 1 min 

I went to this bar and grill spot around the way 25-30min before they closed and I got the worst service I've ever gotten at a restaurant smh. The waitress gave no *****, she told us we ****** up her plans for the night, said a manager wasn't available to speak with us.And the worst part of all.. I still left that ***** a tip

Used to work at a bank that closed at 6. Would get people who come in at 5:58 wanting to open accounts and a mortgage. SSN's were stolen.

15 mins. At that point they are wrapping up other orders they made for other customers. No point burdening them now.

It's up to the spot to tell me they're closing/shut off the oven/they're no longer serving.

If not I'm in there 10:59 trying to order before 11 :lol: but that's not cool for a sit down. Workers gotta go home.

Obviously if you're travelling you know if you'll be able to make it. Ordering delivery is an any time thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom