How many of you got sucked in like me?

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

There was a thread about this awhile back, some university did a blind testing study. Basically the conclusion they found was that people's balance was better the 2nd time they did the balancing test no matter if they were wearing a power band or a regular rubber band, or nothing at all, because they knew what to expect and their muscles could make the adjustment
laugh.gif

If you notice, the informercials always have them do the test without the band the first time. The 2nd time when they're wearing the band, of course they are going to be more stable because they JUST did the exact same thing.

If you had your eyes closed and I tackled you from an unknown direction, you would probably go flying. But if I tackled you from the right side the first time, then told you I was going to do it again, your body/muscles would know how to prepare better for the impact and you'd handle it better. Same thing with the powerband scam.
this actually makes sense...

There was a thread about this awhile back, some university did a blind testing study. Basically the conclusion they found was that people's balance was better the 2nd time they did the balancing test no matter if they were wearing a power band or a regular rubber band, or nothing at all, because they knew what to expect and their muscles could make the adjustment
laugh.gif

If you notice, the informercials always have them do the test without the band the first time. The 2nd time when they're wearing the band, of course they are going to be more stable because they JUST did the exact same thing.

If you had your eyes closed and I tackled you from an unknown direction, you would probably go flying. But if I tackled you from the right side the first time, then told you I was going to do it again, your body/muscles would know how to prepare better for the impact and you'd handle it better. Same thing with the powerband scam.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

laugh.gif

roll.gif
well...ill be darned. that made sense.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by hotshots24

laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
 I been sayin this since the beginnin
the explanation on the packagning makes no sense either. How could it emit some mgical frequency to make your body function better when the entirety of the band is going to be emitting waves that overlap one another and hit every part of the body differently creatin both constructive and destructive interference? Even if it actually did emit some sort of miracle frequency its net effect would be approx. 0 because of the way it hits at different points of a wavelength at different parts of the body

Originally Posted by hotshots24

laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
 I been sayin this since the beginnin
the explanation on the packagning makes no sense either. How could it emit some mgical frequency to make your body function better when the entirety of the band is going to be emitting waves that overlap one another and hit every part of the body differently creatin both constructive and destructive interference? Even if it actually did emit some sort of miracle frequency its net effect would be approx. 0 because of the way it hits at different points of a wavelength at different parts of the body

I asked my homegirl about hers and she just kept saying that it helps your balance... I'm like, I have no problem with my balance now. This seems to be a red bull for your wrist.

I asked my homegirl about hers and she just kept saying that it helps your balance... I'm like, I have no problem with my balance now. This seems to be a red bull for your wrist.

about 6 years ago i was at a display fair thing and this guy used me as a demonstration... and it played out like the advertisement, mom said it was fake on the spot and didn't buy it for me. i believed her.
happy.gif

about 6 years ago i was at a display fair thing and this guy used me as a demonstration... and it played out like the advertisement, mom said it was fake on the spot and didn't buy it for me. i believed her.
happy.gif

I'm not an idiot, so no I was not sucked in by this.

I also don't see an athlete wearing one as an endorsement that they work, rather the company paid enough to get these guys to wear them.

I'm not an idiot, so no I was not sucked in by this.

I also don't see an athlete wearing one as an endorsement that they work, rather the company paid enough to get these guys to wear them.

wait there are actually people who believe this %+@!?
laugh.gif

want to improve your balance? go work on your core you fat %%$

wait there are actually people who believe this %+@!?
laugh.gif

want to improve your balance? go work on your core you fat %%$

Back
Top Bottom