How many of you still care about shoes?

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i dont have an interest anymore...i dont know release dates and i've turned some of my holy grails into hoop shoes..

THIS

its so funny how I used to praise a pair of sneakers, walking like a duck just not to crease them, taking a 60 minute path instead of 20 to avoid mud..., ect
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

recently found my grapes somewhere in the back of my closet, literally looked like I wore then once or not at all, they are now my gym shoes

crazy how our interests just completely shift

I use to do the same thing.

Instead of nikes I buy boat shoe, toms, loafers.

I'm always gonna be a sneaker head but I'm gonna say I ain't having as many as I used 2, life after college with bills rent n all that made a nig cut back...def looking forward to the cranberry penny's n the cool gray j's a must have next month

I'm always gonna be a sneaker head but I'm gonna say I ain't having as many as I used 2, life after college with bills rent n all that made a nig cut back...def looking forward to the cranberry penny's n the cool gray j's a must have next month

i still care about them, but im not trying to walk around like a duck anymore trying to keep them uncreased 
laugh.gif
plus its not like they even get that creased up if you walk normally

i've also recently expanded, now im into vans and boat shoes and things like that as well as jordans/nikes

i still care about them, but im not trying to walk around like a duck anymore trying to keep them uncreased 
laugh.gif
plus its not like they even get that creased up if you walk normally

i've also recently expanded, now im into vans and boat shoes and things like that as well as jordans/nikes

laugh.gif
Damn I thought I was the only one that walked around like a duck to avoid creasing.

By the end of the day my hips would hurt from walking like that
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
Damn I thought I was the only one that walked around like a duck to avoid creasing.

By the end of the day my hips would hurt from walking like that
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Priorities change and purchases become fewer and further apart, but the love will NEVER die.

this
still do love it, but at the moment not carin much for it; due to lack of funds. still pickup here and there; and keeping my faves but i moved on to canvas shoes and etc. 

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Priorities change and purchases become fewer and further apart, but the love will NEVER die.

this
still do love it, but at the moment not carin much for it; due to lack of funds. still pickup here and there; and keeping my faves but i moved on to canvas shoes and etc. 

Used to care a lot more.

Now I only buy shoes for me to play basketball in and AM90s that I like. I don't think I'll ever stop buying 90's.

I've been back in the Nike forum for a little bit now and I can't lie, it's fun to look at the shoes and go in threads when it's not that serious to me anymore.

Used to care a lot more.

Now I only buy shoes for me to play basketball in and AM90s that I like. I don't think I'll ever stop buying 90's.

I've been back in the Nike forum for a little bit now and I can't lie, it's fun to look at the shoes and go in threads when it's not that serious to me anymore.

I'm 19 now and I got into shoes when I was like 15-16 and it was after I saw a pic of Mork & Mindy's on one of my friend's facebook. I remember I was like +%% are those?! after that I was on ever sneaker site looking at shoes from SB's to Foams to Jordans. I had always seen my friends in grade school with the newest Jordans and not really knowing what they were other than expensive. But when I got older and really found out the history behind it all and other sneakers as well I was hooked. I could'nt always afford the newest sneaker but I always made sure I knew more about it than the kid getting it. Nowadays everyone is a sneakerhead in their high school. Its become so mainstreamed that I think its lost a lot of its appeal for some sneakerheads. Personally I do find myself losing interest but then there's something that catches my eye and I'm back into all of it.

I'm 19 now and I got into shoes when I was like 15-16 and it was after I saw a pic of Mork & Mindy's on one of my friend's facebook. I remember I was like +%% are those?! after that I was on ever sneaker site looking at shoes from SB's to Foams to Jordans. I had always seen my friends in grade school with the newest Jordans and not really knowing what they were other than expensive. But when I got older and really found out the history behind it all and other sneakers as well I was hooked. I could'nt always afford the newest sneaker but I always made sure I knew more about it than the kid getting it. Nowadays everyone is a sneakerhead in their high school. Its become so mainstreamed that I think its lost a lot of its appeal for some sneakerheads. Personally I do find myself losing interest but then there's something that catches my eye and I'm back into all of it.

I'm not into them as much as I used to be. I recently got the laser blue and infrared am90s and didnt even care to try them on when they came to my house. I cant even bring myself to wear them. i got stuff to match and the weather isnt bad either, just dont care that much. Had them for 3 weeks.

I'm not into them as much as I used to be. I recently got the laser blue and infrared am90s and didnt even care to try them on when they came to my house. I cant even bring myself to wear them. i got stuff to match and the weather isnt bad either, just dont care that much. Had them for 3 weeks.

IMO the whole sneaker scene went to waste along with all the JB crap that comes out, and the sb's have been dead for a few yrs now. im 20 yrs old and started collecting when i was 15. It was definately a big part of my life that i wont ever forget, met a lot of friends through it, made money, had fun camping out. It just isnt the same anymore, I find myself dressing differently now wearing vans, clarks, sperry's, sabagos etc. but cant get myself to put on a pair of air jordan 5's sitting there. I feel that i outgrew it, but i also lost the love for it when everyone and there momma became so called "sneakerheads". The biggest punch for me was the release of the spacejams. i had guys who never collected or even wore kicks asking me about them, that right there killed everything for me. i knew that from that point it was all over. i still attend sneaker events but its just to sell, and kick it with old friends who display. Its sad, i remember saying "i will always wear sneakers till im a old man" i just LOL at that statement now when i hear it.

S/O to the dressing better thread VERY HELPFUL. lol

IMO the whole sneaker scene went to waste along with all the JB crap that comes out, and the sb's have been dead for a few yrs now. im 20 yrs old and started collecting when i was 15. It was definately a big part of my life that i wont ever forget, met a lot of friends through it, made money, had fun camping out. It just isnt the same anymore, I find myself dressing differently now wearing vans, clarks, sperry's, sabagos etc. but cant get myself to put on a pair of air jordan 5's sitting there. I feel that i outgrew it, but i also lost the love for it when everyone and there momma became so called "sneakerheads". The biggest punch for me was the release of the spacejams. i had guys who never collected or even wore kicks asking me about them, that right there killed everything for me. i knew that from that point it was all over. i still attend sneaker events but its just to sell, and kick it with old friends who display. Its sad, i remember saying "i will always wear sneakers till im a old man" i just LOL at that statement now when i hear it.

S/O to the dressing better thread VERY HELPFUL. lol

I still love shoes but I agree that the shoe game died when jordan brand started putting out horrendous quality retros. Pretty much one all the packs came out and people realized the shoes in them kinda suck lol.

But I'm older now (23) and find myself wearing the same pairs of shoes over and over. AM90s and Asics Gel Lyte III (all grey nice kicks editions) are my go-to now. Once you work a 9-5 you really dont' have time to wear your 50-60 pairs of sneakers. It gets harder and harder.

But that doesn't mean i don't love days where i can throw on my Grape's or my Carmines and love it. It just happens fewer and more far between now

I still love shoes but I agree that the shoe game died when jordan brand started putting out horrendous quality retros. Pretty much one all the packs came out and people realized the shoes in them kinda suck lol.

But I'm older now (23) and find myself wearing the same pairs of shoes over and over. AM90s and Asics Gel Lyte III (all grey nice kicks editions) are my go-to now. Once you work a 9-5 you really dont' have time to wear your 50-60 pairs of sneakers. It gets harder and harder.

But that doesn't mean i don't love days where i can throw on my Grape's or my Carmines and love it. It just happens fewer and more far between now

Back
Top Bottom