how many times has the foamposite pro been released in all black?

1997 - w/ clear sole
2000 - w/ light grey sole
2003 - w/ dark grey sole

am i missing any? just curious. finding myself getting back into foamposites a bit and wanted to brush up on my history.
wink.gif

since nobody answered i spent some more time researching this and couldn't find another release, i'll assume those were the only releases.

so next question.
wink.gif

how many times has the foamposite max been released in all black?

come on guys, there's gotta be some longtime foam fans here that can drop some knowledge . . . plz . . . ?

as far as I know thats all for the Pros...

on the Duncans I heard in some regions they were dropping like once a year lol.

I have those, I'm not sure what the box said. Threw that away a long time ago.

But they never looked grey

Do you means swoosh?

Originally Posted by s dubl

^^^grey toe swoosh on both pairs.

Yeah I know, but unless I'm color blind, my 2003's never looked grey. Especially not medium grey.

only foam pros i've ever owned was the 2000 and i can't look at them because i threw them out the other day, but the soles were definitely grey.hopefully that pic i posted starts working again. the swoosh on the toe may have been grey too. whatever color the sole was on the 2003, it was much darkerthan the 2000 sole.

03 pair def has a black sole...just wore mine a couple of weeks ago.

could be my eyes playing tricks on me or just the way they appear in pics online, but the sole on the '03 black foam pro never looked as dark as the soleon the various black sole foam pro releases (blue foam pro, the red ones, silvers, maybe thers i'm forgetting).

anybody own both the '03 black foam pro as well as another foam pro that has a black sole? would love to see a comparison pic.

hope we get a foam pro release this year (and none of that HOH non-sense either!) . . .

foam ones in anything other than royal blue just doesn't feel right to me . . . i'll be glad when the foam one retros are done and they go back topros. but i'll buy either if the soles are clear.

Originally Posted by s dubl

03 pair def has a black sole...just wore mine a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks, because he had me thinking for the past six years my kicks weren't all black. Now that you mention it. I have other Pro's and the black on thebottom looked different. Like I remember the royals and reds being shinier. The blacks were more dull, but still black. I wear my all black more than justabout any shoe so I'm trying to base it off memory of when they were new.

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

foam ones in anything other than royal blue just doesn't feel right to me . . . i'll be glad when the foam one retros are done and they go back to pros. but i'll buy either if the soles are clear.
i like this guy.

Foam Pro's CARRIED the line for a decade before the royal 1's retroed in 07.

if i haven't made it clear in the past, the foamposite is my favorite shoe of all time. i have very fond memories as a kid of waiting for the mall to openevery year to get the new foamposite, getting to school late with them on, and everyone thinking they were the strangest shoe they'd ever seen.

ONE of the things i liked so much about the first foamposite was that penny had his special version and all the releases after that were different. it'snot just the lack of swoosh & putting penny's logo on the shoe that makes it the foamposite one . . . it's also the color.

i suppose this new color at least being connected to penny in theme makes sense . . . but the eggplant last year really bothered me and i would have muchpreferred that been a foam pro. when i expressed that viewpoint in the giant eggplant thread everyone bashed me and told me i had to see them in person tounderstand. so i ordered a pair on ebay for like $320 or whatever. i wore them a few times. i dunno, just seemed weird to me to have a foam one in anythingother than royal blue, so i threw them in the garbage.

but now that i've ordered the copper foam one, i guess i don't want to have the hole in my collection, so i just spent another $320 on ebay and orderedanother eggplant foam.

i hope this break from the foam pro means it'll be making a nice return in the next few years. i hated a lot of the foam pro retros, but there were somegreat ones as well.

i just don't like that some people look down upon the foam pro. to me the foam pro and the foam one were always the same shoe. the foam one was just aspecific color of the foam and everything else was the foam pro.

i guess nike has muddied the waters recently.

regardless it is great to see the foamposite line getting so much love. i'd scaled my sneaker collection down to less than 10 pairs and i used to have over300. i was done man . . . but then they brought back that penny foam in '07 and it's nice to have one line left that doesn't release trash retros.man those agassi retros broke my heart with how unfaithful they were.

now i'm just ranting, so i'll stop. if anybody reading this thread has a really nice foamposite collection, email some pics [email protected] and i'll paypal ya $5 for your trouble.

ONE of the things i liked so much about the first foamposite was that penny had his special version and all the releases after that were different. it's not just the lack of swoosh & putting penny's logo on the shoe that makes it the foamposite one . . . it's also the color.

I kinda agree. I liked that only the Royals were the Foam Ones, and then everything else was a Pro. Just made the original Royal seem that much more unique

1997 - w/ clear sole
2000 - w/ light grey sole
2003 - w/ dark grey sole

I'm not too sure if there was an all black pair that released in 97'... The only Posite Pro/Onereleases in 97'-98 were the Royal One's and the Pearl Pro's...

The next and first all black release Foam Pro release came in 2000 which were:

foamposite-black.jpg

The next all black Foam Pro retro released in 2003 with the Black/MediumGrey:

108-0816_IMG.JPG

In the same year...

The black/silver Foam Max's released that winter...

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b...lightposite/?action=view&current=DSCN5365.jpg

NOW...

In 2004... Nike released what is known as the "Black Pack" which included the following shoes:

21uaJpOJN5L._AA280_.jpg

108-0817_img1.JPG
(Very similar to the2003 release)

(These had a blue inner air bubble)

I'm pretty sure that these are all the releases of the Foam Pros and Foam Max's in that colorway, but I could be wrong... so people please correct meif I am...

P.S. - The Foam Max's are NOT released every year in specific regions of the country...

more all black foamposite pros definitely dropped after 2003, one for sure in 2005-and one year before da penny foamposite one's retroed since 1997.

you can tell by da different font sizes on each release box.

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

I'm not too sure if there was an all black pair that released in 97'... The only Posite Pro/One releases in 97'-98 were the Royal One's and the Pearl Pro's...
while my memory is sketchy on retros . . . my memory is pretty solid when it comes to 90s nike basketball . . .

FOAMPOSITE ONE / PRO (OGs)

- neon blue/black (foam one)
- white/black (foam pro)
- black/black-white metallic silver (foam pro) FOOTLOCKER EXCLUSIVE
- black/black-voltage yellow (foam pro) FOOTACTION EXCLUSIVE

there was also a sample silver foam pro with clear soles and a prototype silver foam pro with brown soles.

Back
Top Bottom