how much did you get back from selling your books?

its that time of year, and i just got back. sold mine for $125
pimp.gif

too bad i paid ~300 for them.

i dont sell then back to the university tho. i go to the student book exchange down the street. and i got a free candy bar. (twix ftw)

how much did you pay and what did you get back?

I didn't spend much, I got sick deals from the start. $8 for a hardcover book
pimp.gif

I'll sell before next fall.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

I bought all mine for like 200. I want to get at least 150 back.
roll.gif

I got $6 back. I only bought 1 book this semester and it was used. Bought a pita with it.

I would recommend selling them on Amazon. I bought a book for like $70 and ended up selling it for $60 on Amazon
laugh.gif
. It's not always the case, but a lotof times you get most your money back. Usually at least 50%.

8 *+@*$+ dollars. I could only sell back one, cause they were getting a new edition next semester. *%$#*#!!

sell online, craigslist, or facebook marketplace. i get about 70-80% of what i paid.

I only needed one book for fall semester, and I rented it for $60.

Retail was $120 and I figured if I bought it then sold it back, I wouldn't get 50% back... so I took the renting option.

I paid like $80 for 5-6 books. They were the cheapest. The ones I needed for my psych course were both $130 so I just went to the library and signed out thebooks for the whole term. Ask anybody that goes to Pitt and they'll tell u that the book stores give u next to nothin for buy backs, even if the book wasbrand new

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

I bought all mine for like 200. I want to get at least 150 back.
You're getting $80 back, tops. I can tell this is your first quarter/ semester.
laugh.gif
I usually get about 1/3 back. This quarter I spent $150and got back $60.

I bought my Calc book from a friend for 40 bucks- sold it to the bookstore for 80.
Bought my Anth book from half.com for 30 bucks- sold it to the bookstore for 55.

I made almost 60 bucks off of those two books.

Haven't sold any of my other books back, still have one last final to take.

Originally Posted by DS 530s Finest

I bought my Calc book from a friend for 40 bucks- sold it to the bookstore for 80.
Bought my Anth book from half.com for 30 bucks- sold it to the bookstore for 55.

I made almost 60 bucks off of those two books.

Haven't sold any of my other books back, still have one last final to take.

smart man.

I haven't sold mine yet, will hold on to it till summer and sale it all back.

Back
Top Bottom