How much do you tip delivey vol. another tipping thread

I order take out a lot, mostly in the lower end of the $10-$30 range and considering a lot of spots wont travel too far as it is, the spots that I do order from are never too far. So I usually just give a dollar flat for take out delivery. this wasnt the first time, but yesterday a dude scoffed at the dollar tip on a $15 order so I asked my mom whats wrong with a buck and she said she never gives that little on takeout no matter what which got me wondering if I've been a scumbag this whole time.

thoughts? this isnt a dine in tipping discussion btw. I always tip 20%+ if that makes any difference. but thats a whole other issue.

idk i only tip $2 no matter the price and im usually in the same spending range as you. But i've never seen a delivery man unhappy about it. Thats all they'll get from me though cuz they charge out the *** for pizza anyways imo. Tried to order from Vocelli's a few weeks ago and just wanted a large 2 topping pizza and this *** gon say $22!! When the special they had going on was 2 large 1 topping pizzas for the same price $22. i just got the special instead. How tf i get 2 pizzas for the price of one? smh. I hate ordering pizza anymore cuz of these outrageous prices.

Another NT tipping thread :lol:

Have no fear, you'll get an easy answer that we all agree on for sure... :rofl:

I'm too cheap too tip so ill go and get carry out, but most of the places i go to don't really do carry out, so ill just go order at the counter...

Nawghty where you at b :nerd:

If it's delivered in a good amount of time and my order is right, as well as good customer service (smile, polite, friendly, etc) I tip the same I would at a restaurant. Failure on the aforementioned things would result in deductions from said tip.

$5 minimum, it doesn't matter. You deliver food to me, you will get $5. I will not confirm any stereotypes. Same goes for bar tab. Even if my happy hour drinks come out to $11-$12. $5 still coming.

Last edited:
I've been cooking a lot lately.
if i do happen to order something its usually less than 10$ like a JJ sandwhich
2$ and whatever change i have left that not quarters. Laundry :rolleyes

Nawghty where you at b
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Depends on how much ordered, distance, service. 5 maximum, id say for delivery. I'm in BK, and drivers be staying in they car on the street. **** your ****, you get only 1-2 since you ain't get out of the car until i came out. If they do the whole walkup on a place, yeah they deserve more.

Too many service industry workers act like tips are a 'given', whereas tips are earned. I do think its grimy as well that online companies charge a delivery fee that don't go to the drivers.
~Lefty

Depends on how much ordered, distance, service. 5 maximum, id say for delivery. I'm in BK, and drivers be staying in they car on the street. **** your ****, you get only 1-2 since you ain't get out of the car until i came out. If they do the whole walkup on a place, yeah they deserve more.

Too many service industry workers act like tips are a 'given', whereas tips are earned. I do think its grimy as well that online companies charge a delivery fee that don't go to the drivers.
~Lefty
Yup, that delivery charge should go to the drivers. 

Another example of the restaurant industry making the customers subsidize the pay for their employees.  

The US got it all backwards, but what can you do?  Tipping is ingrained into our society, so it is what it is. 

What's this weird obsession ya'll have with this topic? just hop into another one of the many already existing.

if i order take out and the total is around $17, i give them a $20

if its closer to $20 i give them $25

i hate tipping with a passion man, and i've worked at mutiples restaurants not as a server though.

its so dumb but i always tip over 15% most of the time 20%....

Back
Top Bottom