How much $$$ is for a beat from Timbaland?

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

Too much.

Premo only charges $30,000.

yea, he may charge "only" 30 racks but premo is known to be a perfectionist with his beats. if you aint soundin right or your song is mediocre,that track will never see light of day

Im sure its 6 figures...I know P used to charge that, so I know thats where Timbaland is at now...

"I guess half a mil for my beats you get a couple Gra-a-and!"

PLus I heard the Neptunes sold a beat fa 2 milli
eek.gif

Varies, Beats aren't usually sold for just face value.

Producers usually get distributed a portion of royalties as well.

And I DOUBT Timb gets "half a mil" per track. Maybe the JT stuff, maybe Danja got that amount for the Britney stuff, for these Pop artists with hugeAdvances from their labels.

But for these rappers, there is no way labels are going to front "half a mil" per track type money advances to these rappers. Rappers won't evensee a mil on their advances (which fund the production of an album amoung other things) so Tim ain't getting that up front.

With the way the music industry is right now, that would be a horrible investment.

ur way off.

timbaland beats is like 250k

hell scott storch, swizz, timbo they all 6 fig beats i believe.

Yep on the 300k mark according to him. I guess its worth it, I mean a good beat could still sell a horrible song.

As for the 2mill beat, it was a rumor that nas dumped 2mill on a neptunes beat to use on his retirement cd but I believe it turned out to just be a bs rumor.

yea, he may charge "only" 30 racks but premo is known to be a perfectionist with his beats. if you aint soundin right or your song is mediocre, that track will never see light of day
Not true, see Group Home.
laugh.gif

Man depending on certain incentives....dude can get up to a million dollars off a beat. Crazy!!
pimp.gif

Couple of things.

There is no 2 Million dollar beat. Enough already.

Tim definitely gets 6 figs. I'd say 250 or so.

But it does depend on the artist, and he has also done damn near full albums for Nelly F and JT, at which point my guess is he gets a lump sum to do the wholeproject.

It all depends on the person. He does a full backround check and according to how much u made is how he does it. It like low income housing. 1mil for britney,free for jay. All he gotta do it write him a verse for a timbo song and make a feature. Seriously tho I was thinking the same thing. To spend 250K on a beatwould be stupid if u can't even sell that much. I was thinking the same thing bout weezy, if he had all those songs leaked and I'm sure he paid for allthose beats and lets say he paid 5k each. What happens to that money? I know they just don't wanna throw it all away. I'm sure if u asked the label uwouldn't get a str8 answer.

i know this is a tim beat thread but it got me wonderin....

what is the most expensive beat sold ?

i dont wanna hear nas bought a beat from neptunes for 2 mill either....

....that aint true.

anyone?

nah yo the question is how much percentage of the royalties does he get that's the question, beats is just a one time payment royalties is what got him thelamb

Back
Top Bottom