How much $$$ is for a beat from Timbaland?

The man makes enough, how many of ya'll have a beat bus??
83c25e9416ca46dd7e8626ec791372c661c8ab5.png

14a15640c368766d67a20860dded6261924e136.png

2dd1534ac86f776e38470e708bd28669e39ee44.png

300 K sounds about right... but how much does Kanye get per beat? Especially since he doesn't "send a beat tape until he get a check"

Unless you truly know these cats, like really know know them, or know someone that did or does, or you're their manager or accountant or know either one,you can't really go by what is speculated. 250Gs is like an entire rappers advance. I've heard a million advance for top artists (usually pop+rnb), buteven at that, 250Gs upfront is crazy. Like someone said, good producers usually take an amount up front+points on the album. Like with JT I don't thinkTimbo got 250 in advance, but with points on the album (probably a lot since all of JTs bangers were Timbo produced I think) 250 sounds reasonable. I remembersome youtube clip that was made by raul conde (some dude in fat joes crew that hangs with scott) where they were all chillin in storch's studio blazed, andscott said he usually takes 70Gs (and most likely points if he knows its gonna do #s), and scott, although he acts like a corn ball, is at the top of theearnings list as far as producing goes. I dunno though, he might need cake or is just selling b/c hes bored, but his yacht "Tiffany" was sold onebay, but didnt meet reserve price.

Timbaland is extremely lazy so he charges 100k a beat, minimum. Kanye likes to do a lot of beats and charge less. Kanye is around 40-50k a beat. Swizz isprobably the cheapest producer. I've heard him charging around 30-40 a beat.

Originally Posted by Stillmatic23

Timbaland is extremely lazy so he charges 100k a beat, minimum. Kanye likes to do a lot of beats and charge less. Kanye is around 40-50k a beat. Swizz is probably the cheapest producer. I've heard him charging around 30-40 a beat.

Family its top notch producers shelling out beats for 10-15 K. You don't always gotta go with big names to make good music.

I go to an audio engineering school and people from the industry come through about once or twice a month to come and chop it up with us, and a mix engineerwho has worked with Timbo on a couple of occasions told me that Timbo was getting anywhere between $150k-$300k beat....

He was telling me how on point Timbo was though, dude would travel all around the world to capture sounds and samples and use those to make beats...and duringthat point of his career he was kinda struggling with funds...but look at him now...all it took was that one Nelly Furtado song to make all that moneyback...haha

That beat bus is nasty
eek.gif
sick.gif

LOL at how glamarous some people think the music industry is.....

Timbo is not pulling in these numbers at face value.

How much do you think Flo-Rida's total advance from the label was?

If its projected that he's going to push 50K albums opening week, how much do you think the label is willing to drop on the advance?

The advance funds everything, from the beats, to the songwriters, to the guest appearances, to parts of promotion, to the videos.

If Timb is asking $300K up front, Flo- Rida must have gotten at least a couple mil advance.......That's not the case.

Its probably less than 6 figures, but after points come into play (royalties) then timb can pull in around what you guys are talking about if the song doeswell.

well with them 360 deals starting to become popular, a rap artist could get over a mil for an advance. the only catch is the label gets a cut off ofeverything. merch, tours, endorsemnets, EVERYTHING!

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

LOL at how glamarous some people think the music industry is.....

Timbo is not pulling in these numbers at face value.

How much do you think Flo-Rida's total advance from the label was?

If its projected that he's going to push 50K albums opening week, how much do you think the label is willing to drop on the advance?

The advance funds everything, from the beats, to the songwriters, to the guest appearances, to parts of promotion, to the videos.

If Timb is asking $300K up front, Flo- Rida must have gotten at least a couple mil advance.......That's not the case.

Its probably less than 6 figures, but after points come into play (royalties) then timb can pull in around what you guys are talking about if the song does well.
I heard FloRida on the radio today saying how he didn't pay much for the Timbo beat b/c they had a mutual friend. Timbo does charge over 100K abeat though when he wants/needs to.

Back
Top Bottom