How Often Do You Strike Up A Convo With A Random Person?

I'm not much for small talk and im not really good at it..I mean I guess im ok but its like whats the point? We both know your asking me question you dontcare the answer to just so its not an "awkward" moment for you. Eh.

i actually got pretty good at just starting up convo's with random people but i still have trouble talking to girls. smh

my good friend is just plain nuts, he will talk to anybody about anything, dudes always holding us up talking to random people. He does have a way with words,kid could talk to any dime and get her number, hes got a skill that i wish i had

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

There are very few times when I'll answer with 'never' or 'always', because the words are seldom true.

But I NEVER strike up a conversation with some random person... and to go further, it bugs the FIRE out of me when someone does it to me.

Two things.

#1- I'm not counting any sort of 'need' situation, like if my car was broke down and I'm at a gas station and I ask some dude getting gas where the nearest AutoZone is, or if my wife and I are out and we need to get to a hospital and we have no idea where it is, so I pull over and ask some dude jogging. I'm not talking about 'assistance' type situations.

#2- This is a COMPLETE... an absolute, 100%, COMPLETE... flip from how I used to be, say, 10 years ago. I used to be all outgoing and used to freaking talk to people on the city bus ride home from HS ALL the TIME. Not now. I don't now why, but to paraphrase I just heard from a preview for 'There Will Be Blood', "There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking... I see the worst in people."
ohwell.gif
Seriously, why the heck would I want to strike up a conversation with another selfish, insensitive, stubborn person dedicated to satisfying their own desires, numb to the people they have to take advantage of in their pursuit of happiness? I wouldn't. So I don't.
damn ska didn't know you were so pessimistic...i can talk to anyone about just about anything...most of the time they approach me...even if idon't care or feel like i still talk to them cuz sometimes people might be lonely and just need someone to talk to...the last time i got my car fixed thislady kept talking to me and it was getting on my nevres...come to find out...she had just recently lost her husband and son...she had one child left but icould tell she just wanted to talk to some one so i listened...it was mainly small talk but i wasn't going anywhere so i listened...

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

where's those brioni fit pics you promised?

but ya in hawaii, everyone talks to everyone else. unfortunately i don't live there.
Oh yeah! gimmie a couple minutes.

I think you're looking too deep into it ska. Although I don't strike up convos either, if an opportunity arose where the convo would be enjoyable Iwouldn't mind at all (ie. a fine, young lady
happy.gif
)

Seriously, why the heck would I want to strike up a conversation with another selfish, insensitive, stubborn person dedicated to satisfying their own desires, numb to the people they have to take advantage of in their pursuit of happiness? I wouldn't. So I don't.
laugh.gif
count me in that club too. haha

when someone randomly talks to me, if i kinda expect it i'll be real friendly and accept it...if it's out of nowhere i usually assume he/she'stalkin to someone else, happened one time at souplantation it was sort of awkward
laugh.gif
but dude was cool

I can start a convo with anyone but it depends on looks or what I may of heard about em if its in that situation but I dont feel ppl are deserving enough forme to grace them with my presence(at times its unavoidable) so I make sure to get real anti-social with ppl. I hate when ppl try to strike up random convoswith me they usually dont know what they're gettin into. Livin in NY is great maybe 1 time out the week some I encounter a weirdo who really wants to startup a random convo.

I remember this one time waitin for the 5 train and this dude who I thought was a bum(cuz he had like dirty construction boots, paint all on em) saw me readinthe paper(a Knicks article) He goes "How you feel about that Zach Randolph trade n how he's playing?" I hit em with the
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
then literally throw some change at him bout 34 cents and walk away on the crowded platform.

smokin.gif

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
zingy23[/td] [td][/td] [td]#27[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://[/color]"][/color][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://zingy23.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

01/23/08 2:50 AM
[/td] [td]
i actually got pretty good at just starting up convo's with random people but i still have trouble talking to girls. smh
[/td] [/tr]
[/url][/table]
Just treat those girls like random people...eventually you'll find a few good things to say that might start something...
http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/1049926/type/0

In my line of work I talk to people I dont know everyday.

Back
Top Bottom