How old is too old for handheld gaming devices?

I'm sitting in the Charlotte airport next to a guy that is probably 25-30 years old with 2 kids and a wife. He's posted on his DS playing street fighter pretty much ignoring his family unit. Am I the only one that thinks this is childish behavior?(by hand held gaming device I am referring to dedicated systems like a psp or DS)

I'm sitting in the Charlotte airport next to a guy that is probably 25-30 years old with 2 kids and a wife. He's posted on his DS playing street fighter pretty much ignoring his family unit. Am I the only one that thinks this is childish behavior?(by hand held gaming device I am referring to dedicated systems like a psp or DS)

I hate nintendo systems but I love my original psp 
pimp.gif

Well he's waiting for a plane; it's not exactly a place where one has really engaging conversations with one's family. It's how he chose to entertain himself that's all.

Well he's waiting for a plane; it's not exactly a place where one has really engaging conversations with one's family. It's how he chose to entertain himself that's all.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

It would be fine if he wasn't ignoring his kids.
Exactly. If some dude is just chillin' alone in an airport, I don't care what he's doing to pass the time. Pretty lame to do it while the family is hanging around.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

It would be fine if he wasn't ignoring his kids.
Exactly. If some dude is just chillin' alone in an airport, I don't care what he's doing to pass the time. Pretty lame to do it while the family is hanging around.

Whats the difference between a handheld game and texting? Any advanced Phone now a days has games on them just like a dedicated gaming device.
Is it the fact he is holding a dedicated gaming device that is childish or the fact he is ignoring his family? If its his family than how many times have
you ignored people in the same fashion, using a device to distracted you from the people you are surrounded by.
I think you need to be a little more clear on what it is that you find childish.

Whats the difference between a handheld game and texting? Any advanced Phone now a days has games on them just like a dedicated gaming device.
Is it the fact he is holding a dedicated gaming device that is childish or the fact he is ignoring his family? If its his family than how many times have
you ignored people in the same fashion, using a device to distracted you from the people you are surrounded by.
I think you need to be a little more clear on what it is that you find childish.

laugh.gif
i bet half the people that answer dont even have kids, wife or family... if you have a 2 hour wait for a plane, do you really think you are gonna have a conversation with your kids for the whole 2 hours?.... you do not need to entertain your kids 24/7 365...

laugh.gif
i bet half the people that answer dont even have kids, wife or family... if you have a 2 hour wait for a plane, do you really think you are gonna have a conversation with your kids for the whole 2 hours?.... you do not need to entertain your kids 24/7 365...

Back
Top Bottom