How organized is your iPod?

Originally Posted by jrp44

How do you manually insert a picture to show up as the album artwork? On some albums it says cant find album artwork when I click on it so I wanna do it manually and I can't figure it out
right click>get info >artwork

Thanks..Is there a way to do it so it can do it for every song on the Album at the same time? I selected them all and hit get info and artwork but it wont let me add anything

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

As a suggestion to my fellow iTunes organizers, make sure you've got itunes set to change the information of the actual music file also so if your comp crashes or something, all of the files will be saved just as they are in itunes.

how do i do this? i'd hate to have to go back and redo everything

Originally Posted by jrp44

Thanks..Is there a way to do it so it can do it for every song on the Album at the same time? I selected them all and hit get info and artwork but it wont let me add anything
You don't see the white artwork box? double click it

Wow I'm dumb
laugh.gif
.....thanks man

Mines is not organized at all, but I personally don't think it need to be. I mean I really don't care about the artwork or appearance of the song title, just as long as I can find it when I search for it on the iPod itself and it plays. I just can't see myself wasting hours on something of little importance. But it's seem functional for ya'll so I can't knock it, seeing as you guys have thousands of songs to search through(I only have 1,364 songs).

Originally Posted by omgitswes

As a suggestion to my fellow iTunes organizers, make sure you've got itunes set to change the information of the actual music file also so if your comp crashes or something, all of the files will be saved just as they are in itunes.

mine is organized as well. no loose singles.

kinda off topic, but what is the best/cleanest itunes skin for mac?
nerd.gif

Mine is pretty organized. I got album covers on all the songs that I could get them for and their organized by artist and albums. Pretty OCD I know but when I first got my ipod I organized it like that and I just never stopped.

My iTunes is AMAZINGLY organized, and it took me A LOT of time to get it there. I was tired of having Nas, Nas ft. AZ, Nas ft. Kool G Rap, Nas ft. Kanye West, etc.

I don't have ALL of the Album Artwork yet, I am working on that, but I have a good 13k songs, so the album artwork can wait for a boring day in summer where I can just get all of that organized. It's especially annoying if you go into the album view of iTunes and see duplicates of an album even though one album will have 1 song and the other album will have the other 15. I've got to get to that one day.

But besides that, all of my music is named under one artist, all of my songs are "Track title (ft. whoever)" not (Featuring x), (Feat. X), (Ft. X), ft. x.. so on and so fourth.

I have all the genres done, which is probably one of the hardest parts to do if you listen to a lot of different kinds of music, specially now how everything likes to clash and mesh together..

But I love how it's so organized for the amount of songs I have
smile.gif

My screen is actually broken so I make a 10-20 song playlist every few days and it serves as a shuffle basically lol

Because of this thread I went in and got all the album artwork that iTunes missed, which was a good 500ish albums. I'm very satisfied with my iTunes collection now
smile.gif

i usually edit whatever tags and metadata that needs to be edited, in itunes.

i have all my music on an external drive and itunes edits the actual file itself.

so even  if the pc that i have my itune library on crashes, i can hook up my external to another pc and just drag the folders in there and they'll be organized.

but dont forget to back up your back up. cuz i have had an external hd die on me.

so you really need two external hd's lol

how do yall organize your rap music?

i think theres some many different kinds of rappers that i classify ALL rap as " Hip-Hop / Rap "

i have friends who have genres such as : dirty south,east coast rap, old school etc.

one guy has a genre called " h-town rap"

which is houston, but i couldnt imagine havin that genre cuz you would have to put in artists like: street millitary,paul wall,scarface,devin the dude who all sound different

thats why all put all rap in the same genre

the only time i'll change the genre is if its screwed.

then i'll label it "screwed and chopped"  no matter who the artist is

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)
it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name
I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
I download them from Itunes ^
I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes
laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif

I do this as well, minus the 5 starring.

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Originally Posted by omgitswes

edit->preferences->advanced-> check the box that says "keep itunes media folder organized." When backing up files, use these mp4 files in the itunes media folder.

Organized
every album cover, every "feat." is in the song title so no more 100 Jay-Z feat., and no untitled songs or artist. Ima neat freak btw

Back
Top Bottom