How Reliable Are Saturns?

Thinking about buying an 03 with 140k miles for $1800..................what car is reliable anyway? Every car has its falls and short comings.

I guess I'm asking if any body here owned one and was satisfied.

Thinking about buying an 03 with 140k miles for $1800..................what car is reliable anyway? Every car has its falls and short comings.

I guess I'm asking if any body here owned one and was satisfied.

I would say borderline reliable, but at that price you could probably get your money's worth and more

I would say borderline reliable, but at that price you could probably get your money's worth and more

Not reliable and parts are beyond expensive. Spend the bread and get an old VW or MAZDA

Edit: not only the parts are expensive, but it takes 2-4 labor hours to fix the simplest shh on a Saturn. So if you're not a mechanic, stay away.

Not reliable and parts are beyond expensive. Spend the bread and get an old VW or MAZDA

Edit: not only the parts are expensive, but it takes 2-4 labor hours to fix the simplest shh on a Saturn. So if you're not a mechanic, stay away.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I heard vw's are trash too......
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

ohwell.gif

MK2 (1985-1992 Golf/Jettas) are amazing VWs.

An 8v engine can go well into 200,000-250,000 miles and a diesel one can go 500,000+

Parts are somewhat cheap and all you need is a Bentley Manual which is the bible. They're like legos with their parts.

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

ohwell.gif

MK2 (1985-1992 Golf/Jettas) are amazing VWs.

An 8v engine can go well into 200,000-250,000 miles and a diesel one can go 500,000+

Parts are somewhat cheap and all you need is a Bentley Manual which is the bible. They're like legos with their parts.

My boy got an early 90's Saturn SL2. Duke beats on his whip so bad, but it's still running like a champ. I should show you guys a pic. Good car.

My boy got an early 90's Saturn SL2. Duke beats on his whip so bad, but it's still running like a champ. I should show you guys a pic. Good car.

Back
Top Bottom