How snug/tight do you like to wear your ball shoes?

Do you guys wear your ball shoes to the point where your toes are exactly at the end of your shoe? Because I have friends who say they need a little room, other wise their toe jams up from the stop and go movement. On the other hand, are you suppose to size down on ball sneaks from your casual shoe wear? I personally don't. All my shoes are consistent in size mainly. 

Do you guys wear your ball shoes to the point where your toes are exactly at the end of your shoe? Because I have friends who say they need a little room, other wise their toe jams up from the stop and go movement. On the other hand, are you suppose to size down on ball sneaks from your casual shoe wear? I personally don't. All my shoes are consistent in size mainly. 

wow quadruple post eh..

anyways...

i wear 12 for ball, 11 or 11.5 for casual.

like you said, i don't like my toe jamming up. i've had bruised toes before and it's not cool at all.

wow quadruple post eh..

anyways...

i wear 12 for ball, 11 or 11.5 for casual.

like you said, i don't like my toe jamming up. i've had bruised toes before and it's not cool at all.

i wear a 13 casually and a 12.5 for basketball. for me if i buy a 13 my toes get mashed, and if i buy a 13.5 then i can't get a secure fit because i have narrow feet and skinny ankles. with a 12.5 theres no movement whatsoever and the shoes just feel like my feet with more padding underneath.

you can't jam your toes against the front of a shoe if your feet are end to end and can't move. its a little uncomfortable at first but the shoes stretch and end up molding perfectly to your feet.

i wear a 13 casually and a 12.5 for basketball. for me if i buy a 13 my toes get mashed, and if i buy a 13.5 then i can't get a secure fit because i have narrow feet and skinny ankles. with a 12.5 theres no movement whatsoever and the shoes just feel like my feet with more padding underneath.

you can't jam your toes against the front of a shoe if your feet are end to end and can't move. its a little uncomfortable at first but the shoes stretch and end up molding perfectly to your feet.

a little loose in the toebox/midfoot tight AF at the ankle

of course depends on the shoe... always have to loosen up my kobe v's

a little loose in the toebox/midfoot tight AF at the ankle

of course depends on the shoe... always have to loosen up my kobe v's

I hate balling in tight tight shoes. They cut off my blood circulation and i always end up getting cramp. I prefer a little room for my toes to wiggle around a bit. If the shoes fit loose, i'd just wear thick NBA socks and they become perfect

I hate balling in tight tight shoes. They cut off my blood circulation and i always end up getting cramp. I prefer a little room for my toes to wiggle around a bit. If the shoes fit loose, i'd just wear thick NBA socks and they become perfect

I wear a 10 for everything (except the LeBron VII), and I like my shoes to fit like a glove on a hand.

I wear a 10 for everything (except the LeBron VII), and I like my shoes to fit like a glove on a hand.

Originally Posted by iceman3699

I get my ball shoes a half size lower

This. For casual I can wear an 11.5 even 12. But for sports I have to wear a 11 maybe even 10.5 depending on the fit.

Originally Posted by iceman3699

I get my ball shoes a half size lower

This. For casual I can wear an 11.5 even 12. But for sports I have to wear a 11 maybe even 10.5 depending on the fit.

I always found that if I bought a pair of shoes that I thought fit, they would end up being too loose.  I started to buy shoes that seemed tight at first and they always end up working perfectly for balling.  One exception was back with the Kobe 1's.  I had a better overall fit when I went with a little extra room in the toe area.  One problem I have had was if I got a shoe that fit properly on my left foot, my smaller rt foot didn't get a good fit.  I actually should have a half size difference for each foot.  Pain in the butt sometimes.

I always found that if I bought a pair of shoes that I thought fit, they would end up being too loose.  I started to buy shoes that seemed tight at first and they always end up working perfectly for balling.  One exception was back with the Kobe 1's.  I had a better overall fit when I went with a little extra room in the toe area.  One problem I have had was if I got a shoe that fit properly on my left foot, my smaller rt foot didn't get a good fit.  I actually should have a half size difference for each foot.  Pain in the butt sometimes.

going down 1/2 a size on ball shoes makes no sense...

wouldn't you want a snug fit on all your shoes?

going down 1/2 a size on ball shoes makes no sense...

wouldn't you want a snug fit on all your shoes?

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

I tie em up and like em snug and secure but I usually go half size up or true to size. Never down
cosign.....sizing down doesn't make sense even for casual kicks.

Back
Top Bottom