How The West Was Won (NBA Playoffs '12)

I dunno 'bout you guys but as I was looking at the final 4 from each conference, it just hit me as to how weak the EC semi-finalists are compared to their WC counterparts. In my opinion, 3 out of the 4 (4 out of 4 depending on ho you see the Clips) remaining teams out West can manhandle any of the remaining 4 teams out East. 
This kind of reminds me of the early part of the decade when the Spurs/Lakers dominated the L, those days when the champion was decided in the WCF and the Finals itself was just a formality.

Do you guys feel that whoever comes out of the West this year have the 'chip on lock already? Who in the East would be best equipped to match up against the teams out West?

I see the western conf. champ winning it all against any of the eastern teams, with the exception of the Heat. Miami CAN beat any of the four western teams left, not saying they would, but they are the only eastern team that CAN beat all 4.

Boston has heart so I don't like counting them out, but I don't see them beating the western champ in a finals series.

The Western Conference has been light years better than the Eastern Conference for the better part of 2 decades. Year after year we hear offseason reports about how the EC is catching up, and year after year we see garbage EC teams in the playoffs. I know there are 2-3 really, REALLY good teams in the EC. But top to bottom, the WC craps on the EC.

The WC will have the NBA Champs again.

Originally Posted by dland24

The Western Conference has been light years better than the Eastern Conference for the better part of 2 decades. Year after year we hear offseason reports about how the EC is catching up, and year after year we see garbage EC teams in the playoffs. I know there are 2-3 really, REALLY good teams in the EC. But top to bottom, the WC craps on the EC.

The WC will have the NBA Champs again.

It's been this way for awhile. The West is better top to bottom and the East has a few really strong teams. It's not totally fair this year, however, because Rose went down so Chicago got upset. Indiana is a very good team, just don't have a superstar who can take over the game for them.

Come playoffs, the differences aren't as great. For the West, other than Memphis making a run, the teams that got eliminated weren't legitimate contenders to win the championship. Utah, Denver, Dallas... just the same as Atlanta, a Rose-less Chicago, and New York. Even the Western Conference teams that just missed the playoffs, they weren't going to be Finals contenders.

So yeah, the West has been better than the East overall, but those 6-10 teams in the West at the end of the season (while having better records most likely), aren't going to be champions. This isn't the NCAA tournament where every team gets in and the cinderalla Bobcats can make a miraculous run, the best teams will usually advance.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

OP, what the hell are you talking about?

Nothing much fam. Just interested in ya'll opinion 'bout how strong the remaining teams out west are.

West use to be more dominate. It's becoming more balanced now. IT would of shown more had the Knicks and Chicago stayed healthy. 

East has also been hit with bigger injuries....But I do agree that West is overall stronger

You DO realize that two of the Top 6 teams in the East lost their best player right? That totally shook up the East and made it look weaker than it actually is.

Not one team from the West that made the playoffs missed a key player.

Lets say Rose doesn't tear his ACL and Dwight is playing.... do you make this thread if the Heat, Bulls, Celtics and Pacers/Magic are in the "Final Four"?

Lakers and Clippers are NOT that good, all of the east teams with the exception of Philly have deeper teams than these two. I'd like any of the east teams in a series against these two.

Originally Posted by JPZx

You DO realize that two of the Top 6 teams in the East lost their best player right? That totally shook up the East and made it look weaker than it actually is.

Not one team from the West that made the playoffs missed a key player.

Lets say Rose doesn't tear his ACL and Dwight is playing.... do you make this thread if the Heat, Bulls, Celtics and Pacers/Magic are in the "Final Four"?
Nope. Like I said on my first post:  "In my opinion, 3 out of the 4 (4 out of 4 depending on ho you see the Clips) remaining teams out West can manhandle any of the remaining 4 teams out East." 

Fam, I'm just talkin' about the final 4 per conference. There's no doubt those team you mentioned (at full strength) are more than capable of contending with the West's best teams. All I'm saying is, whoever comes out of the West this year would be far more formidable than whoever comes out East. Again this is not a "Who is the stronger conference from top to bottom?" type of thread, it's just about the current teams that are left in this year's playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom