How to switch Barbers..?

I have been going to the same barber for probably 1-2 years now, I usually go to get a cut every sunday/monday.. either a shapeup or a cut.

My usual barber wasn't there last time, so I went to my backup guy.. and asked him for a shape up. He gave me an AMAZING SHAPEUP.. he spent like 30-40 minsshaping me up, and it came out amazing.. while my normal barber never spends that kind of time.

Was wondering.. if I should switch to my backup guy.. how awkward would you feel?
grin.gif

wouldnt feel nothing you dont owe him nothing ive been going to 1 dude since i was 14(im 21) and if i find somebody that cuts better then him im ghost

Just go to the barbershop when ur regular barber has the day off so u can get the cut with the backup

You better believe the quality of that cut will go down once he's hooked you. He knew what he was doing.

switch and get the better shape up/cut. you're paying for the cut, not paying for a relationship with your barber

Originally Posted by aumxhype

switch and get the better shape up/cut. you're paying for the cut, not paying for a relationship with your barber

A relationship with a barber gets you more convenient appointment times, line cuts if your barber is between appointments, and a reliably fresh cut among otherthings. Some people really underestimate the intimacy between a man and his barber.

it's always real awkward. You'll show up and your old barber will ask what's up and if you're gettin the usual. Then you gotta be like,"umm actually I'm here for___" and your old barber will act like he didn't catch feelings. It sucks but once you change, you can never go back.

Don't switch man, just like dude up there said, the quality of his cuts will go down.

I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE AND IT IS AWKWARD SWITCHING TO A NEW BARBER THAT WORKS AT THE SAME SHOP. but u gotta go with who does the best work.

Originally Posted by DROOPY7

Don't switch man, just like dude up there said, the quality of his cuts will go down.

Thats what I felt..

My main guy is amazing.. but the quality of the cut went down.. it started off amazing.. but my backup guy must of tried to "bag me" (no mo).. but Ikinda fell for it.. the shape up was amazing..
embarassed.gif

just do it. no matter what barbers act butt-hurt and act like you betrayed them. @#$% annoys the hell outta me

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by aumxhype

A relationship with a barber gets you more convenient appointment times, line cuts if your barber is between appointments, and a reliably fresh cut among other things. Some people really underestimate the intimacy between a man and his barber.

QFT.

you take care of him (tip and
ohwell.gif
i cant think of the word), thenhe'll take care of you.

ohh awkward. I switched stylists, but only because I moved. I don't think I could switch and stay in the same shop.

- At my barber shop there's three chairs:

- The legend (owner, 35 years in the game)
nerd.gif

- The backup (25 year vet, amazing shape-ups and fades, meticulous, often puts up more W's than "the legend")
- Third-string dude (haphazard approach to the game, gets kind of wild with the clippers/your head, cuts toooooooo deep on hisshape-ups
smh.gif
, inconsistent overall)

- I'll jump between the legend and the backup, no harm-no foul, it's all love status. The legend might be backed up something crazy, or the backupmight have an empty chair right when I walk in, you know.

- ...but that third-string dude
nerd.gif
smh.gif
nerd.gif
; son'schair stays empty MOST of the time
ohwell.gif
. Only time I used that cat was when I walked inthe shop for a cut
happy.gif
one day and found out from third-string man that the main two wereon vacation
mad.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif