How to touch Children nowadays. VOL Mister Rogers/Elmo in 2013.

Ok while watching Mister Rogers Remixed | Garden of Your Mind | PBS Digital Studios and the rest of the remix's I've wondered how could you reach kids like that man did nowadays. During his start there wasn't that many channels, now we have 2000 channels on tv and the internet with a million + websites.

I've figured it would have to be on Youtube since everyone can be on Youtube at anytime(everyone has a web device) but how would you reach people to the point parents would want to sit their children in front of you or kids would make the show a part of their lives like Rogers and Elmo?

Is there anyone or character like them nowadays. A person who teaches young kids right or wrong and about subjects like divorce and death?

Last edited:
Title mad confusing.

How to reach out to children, How to instill values in children, how to teach moral to children, etc....

Sesame Street still comes on does it not? I think there are still a handful of education programs on TV nowadays. Dora the Explora, Hell even spongebob

Title mad confusing.
How to reach out to children, How to instill values in children, how to teach moral to children, etc....
Sesame Street still comes on does it not? I think there are still a handful of education programs on TV nowadays. Dora the Explora, Hell even spongebob
Spongbob?

What kind of values does Spongebob teach? I mean a more modern version of Mister Rogers if anything.

You'd be crazy to think spongebob doesnt provide good moral lessons to the children.

The times Plankton always tries to steal the crabby patty but never succeeds, teaches children that one must work for their own path, instead of trying to steal someone else's.

Or the one episode where spongebob has to go to driving school for another year, but the teacher doesnt want him there so she gives him "extra credit" in order to pass, but she starts to imagine all the consequences of her action, tells children to think before you do, think of how others may feel or what may happen to others from the decisions you make.

Spongebob is seriously quality programming for all ages.

On the subject of mister rogers, There were shows similar (Blues Clues comes to mind), but now, I dont know, its kind of an outdated style. Not saying that it shouldnt be around, because I think some kids would enjoy that classic and entertaining style.

Last edited:
Thread title and OP content do not match :lol: I really thought this was gonna be about how Mister Rogers would have to conduct himself around children differently today and a bad Elmo's voice actor is a molester joke.

As for what you're talking about it'd have to be through an amazing children's book or cartoon. Maybe something like a Barney and Lambchomp similarity and resurgence.

Ok while watching Mister Rogers Remixed | Garden of Your Mind | PBS Digital Studios and the rest of the remix's I've wondered how could you reach kids like that man did nowadays. During his start there wasn't that many channels, now we have 2000 channels on tv and the internet with a million + websites.

I've figured it would have to be on Youtube since everyone can be on Youtube at anytime(everyone has a web device) but how would you reach people to the point parents would want to sit their children in front of you or kids would make the show a part of their lives like Rogers and Elmo?

Is there anyone or character like them nowadays. A person who teaches young kids right or wrong and about subjects like divorce and death?
I agree. It would definitely have to be on Youtube.

Did Mr. Rogers and Elmo predict that they'd have such a huge impact on so many peoples' lives?

If PBS Kids is still airing, maybe.

IMO, teaching a kid about those types of topics should be a parent's responsibility not a tv show's.

Title needs to change.
But I read the OP and I get what you're saying.

Arthur, Sesame Street, Cyber Chase, Dragon Tales....PBS for the win.

Yo you can't put elmo and touch kids in the same sentence. You have to change your title.

I thought this was a guide to being a pedophile. I was prepared to flame and report you to the authorities.

hol up....you tryna touch kids folk? wash ya face b.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom