How to transfer music from PC to a Mac Vol. I Bought a MAC

So I have my old Sony vaio computer with about 10,000 songs in my iTunes library. How do I transfer these songs to my new Macbook pro?

I refuse to help you...traitor
indifferent.gif

if you have an ipod just use that.

download podutil or something like that for mac so you can upload music from your ipod to your mac.

do you have an ipod? if so you can just download senuti on your mac (itunes backwards) and upload all of your music to your mac from your ipod.

Originally Posted by jdub2030

Na I don't have an iPod, I have the iPhone but no iPod.
same *++!, if you have all your music on that iphone then google senuti

Well if you get a hard drive make sure its fat 32 (both windows and os x can read it) the problem is if a file is over 4gb you're screwed. What I suggestis either get a hard drive and format it to ntsf(windows) or hfs+(mac) and use programs that allow the mac and windows machine to read the other'sformatted drive. for windows use macdrive(6 day trial 50 bucks after) to read hfs+ or you can use hfsexplorer but you can only read and copy not write on ahfs+ formatted disk and for mac use ntsf 3g (free), I just don't know for sure if that actually can write on a disk though.

cliffnotes

EASIEST
*Get an external drive thats FAT32 formatted or format it yourself to fat32 (con- Anything over 4gb in file size won't be copied)

put it all on an external hard drive, you prob dont have one but a friend of yours does, just borrow it for like a half hour

or

cop a big usb flash drive

For those that want to bootcamp and is a university/college student, windows 7 is only $30 bucks until January of next year. Just a heads up...double bootingftw Snow Leopard/Windows 7

Back
Top Bottom