How/where to get presciption goggles for basketball

So it's been a recurring problem that my glasses always fall off during pick up games. I've already had to get a replacement within the last year, so I'm looking for something like what Amare wears on the court. Any ideas on where to buy them? How much they'll cost? etc. 

Give James Worthy or Horace Grant a call. :lol:. J/k. I honestly don't know. I'm guessing if you have a regular eye doctor he should get you started.

Nike sells some regular looking glasses that flex and are pretty good for ball, had them a few years back.

Sporteyes.com

I googled "prescription sports goggles"

Nike sells some regular looking glasses that flex and are pretty good for ball, had them a few years back.

Sporteyes.com

I googled "prescription sports goggles"

Those are probably generic. If he needs them prescripton specific, he has to go to his doctor. Am I wrong on that?

No one said you were wrong :lol:

And nah they were prescription

Just giving him some insight on what i used then showed him what he was looking for :nerd:

No one said you were wrong :lol:

And nah they were prescription

Just giving him some insight on what i used then showed him what he was looking for :nerd:

Cool, cool. Where the hell you been tho? :lol:

I can help a little with this, same problem you have. I started off by checking out what the nba players were wearing and doing some research. Kirk Heinrich wears Oakley which is what I went with. I'll post some pictures later of what I got exactly including model numbers. I wanted to get the one amare staudamire wears but nike said they are a 1 of 1. Now even though I sunk some money into the oakleys I found a better pair and company, Rudy project. I believe this is what p. j. Tucker for the suns wears. They are comfortable and sleek and also have the ability to be coated with the anti fog and even crizal treatment. These are way better than my oakleys and look better to boot. I believe the model of the Rudy project is called rydon. I'll take a picture of my goofy looking oakleys later when I get off work.

Walmart has a section of sport glasses and the ones I'm about to cop were called a2 impact eyewear. They were $39.99 for the frame, gonna find out how much it's going to be with the lenses and everything when we pick up my girls glasses.

Had the same issue when I was a kid when I played. got contacts and didn't have **** to worry about while playing after.

dont you have to go to the optometrist to get the lenses. you can get the frames at the stores or online
i still have a pair of sports goggles from when i took a handball class. they look like the stuff amare wears. not bad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom