How You Really Gonna Deny The Greatness Of This Album (Vol. Why You Hate The Game?)

The Game signed with Dr Dre... Of course he's gonna have a VERY well put togeather album... I don't know how you can use that against him... I guess when there's truly no substance to your hate you have to nitpick...

The album is a classic... Sounds as good today as it did when it first dropped...
Again, I'm not, repeat not knocking Game for getting great beats by Dre, as a rapper especially from the West who wouldn't want to begiven beats by Dre., that's a no-brainer. I'm knocking Game for having average, mabye even below average lyrics. Lyrics are what matter to me. Anytime somebody starts off an appreciation thread regarding Game the first thing that most people mention is how good his production is. That's justabout all Game brings to the table is production. As far as lyrics go, he's the wrong guy to look to. If I want to hear an album with great productionand a lackluster rapper, he's the first person that I think of. Solid production is only half the equation in making a true classic, or a great album. With that in mind Game has half of the situation figured out and the other half not so much.

- "Dreams"
- "Hate It Or Love It"
- "Runnin"
- "Like Father Like Son"

You mean to tell me those tracks are lyrically average or BELOW average??

There's really no song on this album that isn't good lyrically IMO... This is by far his best album both lyrically and musically...

Nay I thought you hated Game....but I agree 100%, like i've said before classic album and Game (You can argue Kanye) has had a better 1st 3 albums thananybody this decade

Don't get me wrong, its a great album, but nothing incredible.

Personally, I've always felt that the producers and the features impressed me more than he did. It almost felt like a compilation album at times. Not tomention, there is NO WAY that lyrically, this album as up to par with some of the releases that's dropped ever since. Not even close. Gameisn't that lyrical, but I do enjoy his music. I still feel that 'The Doctor's Advocate' had more of that West Coast feeling. This album wasmore complete, but I'd take a lot of the songs from TDA than The Documentary.

Personal Classic

I remember having 6 periods Junior year and having my friend Dennis (who was a senior) go buy the deluxe edition during lunch cause there were only limitedcopies with the DVD. He came back and handed it to me and I thought I had the hottest %#*+ in the streets. Went home and played that all day. All week. Allmonth. All year. Watch the DVD like 6 times.

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

classic album and Game (You can argue Kanye) has had a better 1st 3 albums than anybody this decade
Add Jeezy to that list.

Maybe Lupe and Clipse too by the end of the year. But yea, it's a pretty formidable platform.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

What would Blueprint be without Just Blaze & Kanye's contributions??

The Game signed with Dr Dre... Of course he's gonna have a VERY well put togeather album... I don't know how you can use that against him... I guess when there's truly no substance to your hate you have to nitpick...

The album is a classic... Sounds as good today as it did when it first dropped...

Cats just wanna discredit Game and are willing to find ANY reason to do so...
smh.gif
Ns just can't appreciate good music for what it is, they just have to find something irrelevent to attach their hate to, almost to justify it...

Had ANYone else had made an album of this quality (outside of 50 Cent) it would be appreciated across the board, but Ns got a vendetta against certain cats to the point where they wont even give respect when its due
smh.gif

isn't that the truth. alot of people on here can't form their own personal opinion and let their fanboy loyalty keep them swaying on the nuts oftheir favorite artists and giving excuses for their favorite artists when they mess up and look for any reason to criticize or talk down on any artist theydon't like.

game the person is a square, but he consistently puts out good music.

harlem,

i dont see how you can argue with all these people
laugh.gif

i can never (in a lazy way) type as much as you do
laugh.gif

A lot of people tend to sleep on this album, it honestly surprised me and was one of the best debut albums this decade for sure.

great album.

some of y'all need to separate judging someone's music with someone's personality.

i don't like dude either, but track for track, this album was greatly executed.

it was critically well-received at the time of its release as well, so i think the ******ation of his current persona is affectin y'all judgment of hiswork.

The beats were great but it felt like somebody dreamed this album up in an Interscope board room meeting. No soul. His next album was and is my personal favfrom him.

Back
Top Bottom