How's Rio De Janeiro for a crazy trip this upcoming summer?

I've never been out of the country, and want to take a crazy trip next June. Besides the big Jesus seen everywhere, the Snoop/Pharrell"Beautiful" video, and Puffy's "Rio de Janeiro, ain't nobody's hero but I wanna be heard..." I know nothing about this spot. Is it pretty tight for a trip?

Whats there to know about it? How much would it cost to head down there? How much time do I need? Whats to do out there?

If not here, what else would you recommend outside of America or anything in the US that would be tight

CARNIVAL!!!

3310009333_343c89d1ee.jpg

0,,6499221,00.jpg

3860130272_d884867684.jpg

I'd definitely recommend going. I've never been but it's at the top of my list of places to visit.

You'll hear a lot about how grimey the city is but I got friends who took a trip a couple of years ago and they said in the tourist/vacation spotsthere's really nothing to worry about. Don't go to the slums, it really is a war zone compared to the ghettos of America.

I will be there in late June/early July after I finish up with grad school. It terms of price on airfare it depends on where you are flying from, cheaperprices being from east coast cities. Overall I would budget a few thousand to have a really great trip. If you want something a little cheaper, then you couldgo to one of the Caribbean islands.

I wouldn't recommend going alone if that was your plan. While the tourist areas are alright, even the nicer areas of Rio are pretty "hood" byAmerican standards. I went with a small group and one dude on our trip got a chain snatched right in front of our hotel in broad day light and while on thebeach down the street some guy tried to roll me. Again this is in Copacabana in the middle of the day.

I have been to quite a few cities in Europe/South America as well as all over the US and I had planned my normal go off exploring by myself, go to the clubs atnight with a friend, etc. but the second I got down their and talked to some locals I realized that this wasn't a place to be wandering around alone,especially drunk at night. Don't get me wrong, the beaches are amazing, the women are almost second to none (although Argentinian women > Brazilianwomen after spending time in both countries), and there is a vibrant and interesting culture/music scene/artistic community/etc. But having never been out ofthe country I think you could have more of an experience some where else. I personally would suggest Buenos Aries, the women are more beautiful than anywhere Ihave ever been, and the city is amazing. Will probably go back to both countries, but Buenos Aries is on the top of my list to return to.

I'm planning on going there too. I still haven't decided if I'm going later this year or next summer.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

AIDS

enjoy
Whatever man, some is just as likely to catch Aids messing with females in the hood of any major US city. The sex trade is heavy there, avoid theprostitutes and the rollers, and strap up and you will be find. But then again most tourist go down there looking to smash the first female they see with alarge bunda soooooooo, guess your right. But I live in the DMV so the risk factor is about he same for me.
laugh.gif

4da16a3728452f98c05436c2aadebc4d3c7d3d73.jpg
1be36e823da12bc94ca7232495f6c6f6347a6fb7.jpg
98716c3b2b4c2e99cb0598f151d720ea7aaca6d8.jpg

The most natural beautiful place I've ever seen. The food is great, the women are unbelievable!! But you must be careful be aware of your surroundings ifyou don't see tourist then your in the wrong place get out ASAP. There is absolutely no middle class in Brazil all you have is rich and the poor trying toget their share by any means necessary. As soon as the sun goes down head back to the teli.

As soon as you get there check out the nearest FAVELA
wink.gif

The camera date was wrong I was there in 2007

Ive been 4 times. twice by myself. Sao paulo is okay but its no rio. pm if you need info.

Don't go in June, dude. It's the winter there. It would be a much better idea to go there during winter break. I was in Rio in June a few years ago fora baseball tournament, and it was rainy and the beaches were dead.

^^ thank u i was juss gonna say that... summer over here is winter over there.... and brazil is like in the top 10 of places with the most STDS... BRINGCONDOMS!!

Back
Top Bottom