How's Working at Finish Line?

Anyone
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

The job is cool.. until hours are cut..

this.
the job was cool for me for the first two years, then we got a new manager who was a complete tool. dude had a master's in math, worked in a shoe store and was wicked salty about it.

what i noticed is that the company expects your best but doesn't give you a damn thing in return, except the discount.

go work for footlocker.

this.
the job was cool for me for the first two years, then we got a new manager who was a complete tool. dude had a master's in math, worked in a shoe store and was wicked salty about it.

what i noticed is that the company expects your best but doesn't give you a damn thing in return, except the discount.

go work for footlocker.

Originally Posted by pricankid9

this.

go work for footlocker.
and footlocker is supposed to be any different in that regard
laugh.gif
     both companies are very similar in terms of them being a corporate retail chain.

best thing i could say is this, and it can apply to any retail job in general. unless your working for corporate or a higher up position, your just a replaceable worker bee to them and they will fire you over any little thing that goes wrong.

their going to stress add on sales on crap like cleaners and insoles and give you crap when customers don't buy a certain percentage even though you have no control over what a customer is going to buy.

that being said, if your just looking for a part time gig while your going to school or something of that nature, a job like this is doable,   do your 10-15 hours a week and get your discount and call it a day.

i worked at footlocker when i was 18, did the part time thing while going to school. at the store i was had  i had a bitter manager and clown assistant managers, dudes wanted to give me more hours and train me for some assistant management position. i polietly declined since i was going to school and because i only wanted to work part time. the manager took it the wrong way i guess and out of nowhere cut the 18 hours i was working a week down to one 5 hour shift a week.  i just filed for unemployment since the store didn't give me a valid reason as to why they cut my hours back and just did my 5 hours a week  while getting a small unemployment check as well.

this.

go work for footlocker.
laugh.gif
     both companies are very similar in terms of them being a corporate retail chain.

best thing i could say is this, and it can apply to any retail job in general. unless your working for corporate or a higher up position, your just a replaceable worker bee to them and they will fire you over any little thing that goes wrong.

their going to stress add on sales on crap like cleaners and insoles and give you crap when customers don't buy a certain percentage even though you have no control over what a customer is going to buy.

that being said, if your just looking for a part time gig while your going to school or something of that nature, a job like this is doable,   do your 10-15 hours a week and get your discount and call it a day.

i worked at footlocker when i was 18, did the part time thing while going to school. at the store i was had  i had a bitter manager and clown assistant managers, dudes wanted to give me more hours and train me for some assistant management position. i polietly declined since i was going to school and because i only wanted to work part time. the manager took it the wrong way i guess and out of nowhere cut the 18 hours i was working a week down to one 5 hour shift a week.  i just filed for unemployment since the store didn't give me a valid reason as to why they cut my hours back and just did my 5 hours a week  while getting a small unemployment check as well.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

this.

go work for footlocker.
laugh.gif

Man, THAT sucks! That manager shouldn't have been salty over you wanting more out of your life. SMH. But you guys must be able to hold shoes for yourself right?

this.

go work for footlocker.
laugh.gif

Man, THAT sucks! That manager shouldn't have been salty over you wanting more out of your life. SMH. But you guys must be able to hold shoes for yourself right?

all depends on your mgmt. my store mgr was a friend of mine before i started working there. he was very flexible with my hours given that it was just a part time gig for me. inventory sucks. discount and getting shoes before everyone else rocks though. id never do it again but i dont regret it.

all depends on your mgmt. my store mgr was a friend of mine before i started working there. he was very flexible with my hours given that it was just a part time gig for me. inventory sucks. discount and getting shoes before everyone else rocks though. id never do it again but i dont regret it.

Originally Posted by youngj00

this.

go work for footlocker.
laugh.gif

same thing happened to me. as soon as i turned 18 they asked me to drop out of school and go train to be a manager for some quick cash. i was in college. wasn't happening.
grin.gif

i know all these companies are the same, but if i had to pick between two evils, footlocker would be my choice.

Originally Posted by youngj00

this.

go work for footlocker.
laugh.gif

same thing happened to me. as soon as i turned 18 they asked me to drop out of school and go train to be a manager for some quick cash. i was in college. wasn't happening.
grin.gif

i know all these companies are the same, but if i had to pick between two evils, footlocker would be my choice.

Back
Top Bottom