HP Touchpad for $99/$149

went to my local best buy in wisconsin and there was a group of angry customers there. they were yelling at the manager because they were there saturday at 9am and at that time the HP touchpads were not allowed to be sold, but then later on around 4pm best buy got the green light to sell them and that is why they were upset.

The reason the ebay auctions are going so high is because it's being hyped, and people who arent in the know dont understand that it's obsolete hardware and it's being hyped because it's underpriced and obsolete, instead of a "good" product.

I have no regrets about not buying.

Bought to head to work (Best Buy) will help any local NYC NT'ERS cats get there touchpad but i can't guarantee anything.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Bought to head to work (Best Buy) will help any local NYC NT'ERS cats get there touchpad but i can't guarantee anything.
Help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by midwestRZN458

went to my local best buy in wisconsin and there was a group of angry customers there. they were yelling at the manager because they were there saturday at 9am and at that time the HP touchpads were not allowed to be sold, but then later on around 4pm best buy got the green light to sell them and that is why they were upset.
Whereabouts was this in WI?  I am about 3 min. from my local BestBuy off 1-43.  I drove over around 7:45 this AM.  No one outside waiting or in parking lot.    Drove back around 9 am.  One guy waiting.  Decided not to take any chances so joined him in line and was 2 out of about 4-5 by 9:45.  Then 5-10 more people show up just before open.  So we get in and there are 4 16GB remaining.  Fortunately I got one, but nearly everyone else was shut out.  Interesting thing is, last night as of close they had probably 10-15, but apparently Bestbuy allowed online order/in store pick up at some point last night, so most of what they had got "reserved" for in store pickup today.  That, and I am assuming some employees got some.  In any case, it was a little shady, but mission accomplished.  Wasn't desperately in need of this, but it's nice to have for casual web browsing and for kids to mess with w.o, having to worry about a 500 dollar item being "dinged up".  Good looks on Bestbuy last night NT, and good luck to all those still searching.

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

what are the odds of me walking into a few best buys today and finding one?
Honestly , slim to none, but if you live in an area where very few people would be interested or know of the deal, its certainly worth a shot.  Problem is, if one/some stores are sitting on some, chances are other stores have assumed their stock or people have come from 50-100 miles away, ordered online, and set for store pick up.  Bottom line, if you are close, doesn't hurt to check, but most likely places are pretty well "out" by now.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Yes! Just got my confirmation email from HP!!!!

me too, i ordered friday night.

im guessing were good?
nerd.gif

I received an order confirmation from that Datavision seller on ebay.
pimp.gif

I missed the amazon gold box deal a few hours ago though. Amazon letting me down with their trolling
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, we should be good. It would have been a cancellation or confirmation email. We should be getting a shipping confirmation email with tracking number tomorrow.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

sick.gif
@ people really paying $300+ for a 16GB model on eBay
30t6p3b.gif
This is just foolish..
Like... people weren't buying them before, but now they're willing to pay 3x for them smh
30t6p3b.gif

I would have copped if I found it around here for 100.. paying 300 for this 
indifferent.gif

Screw it, by thanksgiving a legit android tablet will go down to 150, hell you could cop the acer iconia for around 200 last week if you scope sd.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Screw it, by thanksgiving a legit android tablet will go down to 150, hell you could cop the acer iconia for around 200 last week if you scope sd.
One with Honeycomb and I'm good

Originally Posted by Carver

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

One with Honeycomb and I'm good
well theres a good chance that the touchpad will have honeycomb on it soon enough
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom