HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Originally Posted by useref15

This device is GREAT at $99/$150. NO WAY I would pay anywhere near for what they retailed for when they came out, though. Do they have some flaws? Yes. The patches that I downloaded through the preware made a significant difference. The touchpad is pretty flawless now. I still want to overclock it to 1.7ghz.

How long did it take, mac/pc and what guide did you use?

Originally Posted by Hugo

anyone here has an ipad2 aswell. how do they compare?

I have both 1 and 2 and the only thing the touchpad has on either of them is flash imo. I don't use either of those though. I like my Galaxy Tab 10.1 better than all my tablets. I use it more than any of my computers. If my pads had flash I would not need anything else.

I just overclocked to 1.5ghz. Pretty big difference with all the patches and the overclock compared to the stock. I didn't overclock to 1.7 because I have a feeling it will make the battery noticeably worse.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

I have both 1 and 2 and the only thing the touchpad has on either of them is flash imo. I don't use either of those though. I like my Galaxy Tab 10.1 better than all my tablets. I use it more than any of my computers. If my pads had flash I would not need anything else.
Why would you need 4 touchpads?

I'll just wait on craigslist until someone decides to finally unload theirs for cheap. They think they can get the price they're asking is absurd. I rather shell out extra for an ipad than to pay their price.

Originally Posted by young dr0

I open Govnah and the CPU frequency is only getting to 1.188.

I downloaded UberKernal but I dont see where I can change an setting or overclock.

What am I doing wrong?

When you open up govnah look under profiles there should be 2 options. Choose the one that's not the default.
What is webOS doctor? is it an app that you can install in your touchpad ?
I installed preware and some pacthes. do i need webOS doctor?
THANKS!

WebOS doctor is basically a stock, fresh install of WebOS. You can always revert back to stock so barring any hardware damage, its almost impossible to brick the TP.

Once you get passed 1.7GHz, not all processors will be able to handle a certain clock speed. So if someone has 1.9, you may not be able to go that high.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Why would you need 4 touchpads?

I only 1 touchpad. If you are referring to the 2 pads, tab and touch. The pads were for my daughter. Touch cause it was on sale and tab I use for everyday use. 

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

To be honest this thing is a piece of crap. Every 3 seconds the damn thing is unresponsive. Its taking forever to write this post. I don't think its worth the $150.
That's just your experience, i've had no issue even straight out the box posting on nt. cept for quoting pictures.
How have you had yours? I was working good too out the box for a while. I've had mine since early last sat morning. My bro, dad, sis, cousin and etc. All are reporting the same issues. That after a couple days of use it gets worse. My cousin said the logging in the background is the problem. He had me set logging to min. Wow, I am seeing difference. I did this whole post without any lags. I now say its worth the 150 until the next problem.

Since friday night, i have since overclocked and installed patches that get rid of logging though.

Originally Posted by useref15

I just overclocked to 1.5ghz. Pretty big difference with all the patches and the overclock compared to the stock. I didn't overclock to 1.7 because I have a feeling it will make the battery noticeably worse.

Ditto. I recommend those of you complaining of speed issues to do the same.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Son.
OnSale still hasn't refunded my money....
._.
Have you called them?

I had to call amazon and amazon,my bank and I had an conf call and they took the transaction off my acct and put my money back in

comes tomorrow from onsale
1772373_o.gif

i will get upset for not joining the mayhem and trying to get one when/if android is ported and fully working at 100% or close to it speeds.

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

i will get upset for not joining the mayhem and trying to get one when/if android is ported and fully working at 100% or close to it speeds.

then without a doubt you will. With todays technology and resources, I predict that its only a matter of time before it happens.

nerd.gif

man why aren't these prices coming down? its like there are unlimited amount of buyers...

16gb's going for like 230-250

and 32's forget about it...

at what price do you guys think its worth it? might just say f' it and pay more...

Back
Top Bottom