HTC Droid ERIS Verizon's Pocket HERO...$99 WOW

this phone is pretty damn good for $99

I'm moving to Sprint to get the Hero and I played with this in Best Buy, it's pretty much a pocket sized Hero
pimp.gif
Verizon is really coming at Apple but in reality it's just them going atAT&T

I can assure you that Sprint, Verizon or T-Mobile will have the I-Phone by next August

2qc2tyw.jpg

2pt71ud.jpg

6rsh0p.jpg

2rmldf7.jpg

I am constantly checking to see if a GSM version is going to drop at least in Europe.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I can assure you that Sprint, Verizon or T-Mobile will have the I-Phone by next August.
Dont count on it. I interned for one of the above and AT&T has the iPhone on lock for the next couple of years (rumor is 5 years). Went to ahandset exclusivity hearing where representatives from various wireless providers testified and basically there was no substantial evidence brought againstexclusive deals.

Its funny how Apple went to Verizon first with the iPhone but they turned them down.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

I can assure you that Sprint, Verizon or T-Mobile will have the I-Phone by next August.
Dont count on it. I interned for one of the above and AT&T has the iPhone on lock for the next couple of years (rumor is 5 years). Went to a handset exclusivity hearing where representatives from various wireless providers testified and basically there was no substantial evidence brought against exclusive deals.

Its funny how Apple went to Verizon first with the iPhone but they turned them down.
I just can't see that though, not doubting you but from everything I read, Apple is not happy with AT&T and if they want the Iphone tostay on top they can't risk staying exclusive with Google starting to make major moves

Iphone is still the best phone now but 2 yrs from now it may not be

Dont count on it. I interned for one of the above and AT&T has the iPhone on lock for the next couple of years (rumor is 5 years). Went to a handset exclusivity hearing where representatives from various wireless providers testified and basically there was no substantial evidence brought against exclusive deals.

I just can't see that though, not doubting you but from everything I read, Apple is not happy with AT&T and if they want the Iphone to stay on top they can't risk staying exclusive with Google starting to make major moves

Thats the thing with those corporate contracts. The side that backs out is gonna have to pay a pretty penny to the other side. Apple would haveto be 110% sure that other carriers would be willing to accept their revenue model. Verizon didnt take the iPhone at first because they would be selling themat a loss for like the first 2 quarters of every year, that is, if the public would even accept such a new device. Well as we see the latter doesn't applyanymore but its up to Verizon to say "Do we really need the iPhone?" especially with Android and WinMostepping up. The discrepancy between revenue is huge between the Big 4 carriers. If Verizon at #1 is second guessing it then you can only imagine how the #3and #4 are going to approach it.

From a competition standpoint, the hardware is already there and the UI is almost there for an "iPhone killer." Apple just had a huge lead on thedeveloper market. I'm using WinMo Marketplace and it is shaping out nicely. I can imagine it being on-par with the App store in a year. Once thathappens, Apple should definitely worry.

At that point Apple will probably finally slap a camera on the iPod Touch and give everyone the "iPhone experience" minus the phone part

I just can't see that though, not doubting you but from everything I read, Apple is not happy with AT&T and if they want the Iphone to stay on top they can't risk staying exclusive with Google starting to make major moves

Thats the thing with those corporate contracts. The side that backs out is gonna have to pay a pretty penny to the other side. Apple would have to be 110% sure that other carriers would be willing to accept their revenue model. Verizon didnt take the iPhone at first because they would be selling them at a loss for like the first 2 quarters of every year, that is, if the public would even accept such a new device. Well as we see the latter doesn't apply anymore but its up to Verizon to say "Do we really need the iPhone?" especially with Android and WinMo stepping up. The discrepancy between revenue is huge between the Big 4 carriers. If Verizon at #1 is second guessing it then you can only imagine how the #3 and #4 are going to approach it.

From a competition standpoint, the hardware is already there and the UI is almost there for an "iPhone killer." Apple just had a huge lead on the developer market. I'm using WinMo Marketplace and it is shaping out nicely. I can imagine it being on-par with the App store in a year. Once that happens, Apple should definitely worry.

At that point Apple will probably finally slap a camera on the iPod Touch and give everyone the "iPhone experience" minus the phone part
I hear ya, I'm moving away from my Iphone just to get out of the hefty monthly individual plan

I can live with the HTC Hero on Sprint and just a nano for the car

only thing I can say I will truly miss is the apps but give a year or two and Android will catch up to them

theres an official htc thread
but HTC ftw
pimp.gif

Hopefully AT&T will get the Hero or something better

friend just traded in his palm pre for the hero. i like the hero better. i need to step it up on the android knowledge though

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i need the physical keyboard. nice phone though.

This is the only reason I still have a voyager..I havent seen a touch screen yet sensitive enough to not miskey and keep me from getting mad. Id love to havethe Iphone with verizon but I still think Id miss me regular keyboard

Originally Posted by Pushak513

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i need the physical keyboard. nice phone though.

This is the only reason I still have a voyager..I havent seen a touch screen yet sensitive enough to not miskey and keep me from getting mad. Id love to have the Iphone with verizon but I still think Id miss me regular keyboard
tp2 ftw

went and played around with the droid earlier..the verizon rep had one she let me check out.. really nice phone..web is really fast and everything workedgreat. The keyboard is a bit differant more of a laptop style than say the voyager keyboard. I messed with it for an hour or so. It will take some time to getused to but it was really nice. wasnt really pleased with the 30 dollar data plan but I knew you had to get it anyways. the only thing that really suprised mewas this phone was HEAVY. I mean it felt like I was holding a brick in my hand compared to other phones. she did say verizon was going sim card in 2010 so Imight hold off and just get a unlocked Iphone then.

Back
Top Bottom