HTC TOUCH PRO / MDA VARIO IV / XV6850 / FUZE

Originally Posted by SFN 155

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

Originally Posted by areyouin729

AT&T users....

I heard it drops Tuesday (says 12 Hail Marys) and it will be $249.99 with contract (says 7 Our Fathers)
So if I'm currently on a family plan. I'd have to get a 2 year contract extension and a seperate individual plan to get it for 249.99
You will need to get a two year extension, but you should still be able to stay on your family plan. If your family plan doesn't include data, you will need to add that for this phone individually.
Yeah I was also looking into getting a family plan on sprint and just having everyone go over there. Or depending on how much I can get it for onAt&t, might just cop the 15 dollar web plan for At&t. Anyone know the differences between the Fuze and the Touch Pro besides the key board?

T-Mobile Version called the MDA Vario IV
getfile.aspx

getfile.aspx
getfile.aspx

getfile.aspx

Owwwwwwwwww
pimp.gif

Anyone know the $ & release date?

dang the tmobile one has the front camera too. tmobile gets the best phones. too bad their service is garbage.

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Some Tips and some apps I got installed.

First thing was Beejive. Needed that IM app. It comes with a built in IM app but I dont like it. This is my fave out of the pack but u can look up others if u dont like this one (IM+, Octrotalk, Palringo, Slick, Agile etc)

Beejive

If you go to the beejive website from your phone u can download the cab directly from the website.

Tip: To get the IM sounds like Aim.
If you have any form of aim installed on you desktop, u can get the messaging sound from there.
Search for imrcv and imsend

Copy those two files and put em in the windows folder on your device (My device/Windows)

Once done go to sounds and notifications in settings. Go to notifications and click on the event box.

Where it says Beejive foreground Im set the sound to imrcv
Beejive new IM imrcv
Beejive Sent IM imsend

Now u got it sounding just like Aim.

------------------------
Google Maps

Its no Sprint Navigation but it helps.
It wont give you turn by turn voice assistance but it will give u directions from your exact location using gps.

Google Maps

It says it supports street view now, gotta update mine.

-----------------------------

MP3 Trimmer

This comes built in on the phone. This is ur ringtone making app on the phone. Put an mp3 file or folder on your phone (using active synce or device center). Open up then file and chop the mp3 to your desired points.

---------------------------

Weather Editor

Most people complain that the weather tab on the touchflo doesnt include their city as an option. Well this program allows u to put ur city in the list.

Weather Database Editor

Download and install the Microsoft .Net Compact Framework 3.5 from the link in the thread
Then install the 1.1 modified cab from the bottom of the first post

follow steps 3-6 and ull be set
-------------------------------------------------

Slide to unlock (S2U2)

Basically its a slider to unlock your phone just like the Iphone's. U can also have it slide to unlock to answer your phone calls. Wallpapers are also changeable for this app.

Heres what the app looks like and the default pic

779d1204898606-slide2unlock-better-than-default-windows-screen-lock-customisable-too-screen.jpg

Heres what mines look like

e84155ed4e57df4e7d0172e0201a380435cbb19.jpg

Just sits right under her
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
laugh.gif

Cant show mine inlandscape tho but its a Roxy Reynolds pic
pimp.gif

Heres what the slide to answer looks like

Where that white box is, if you have a Picture for that contact, thats what would appear.

Slide to Unlock (S2U2)

When u click the link, to the right of the page click S2U2.
Scroll down, download and install the VGA version
With any application that u get, take some time and READ the readme file.
Itll tell u instructions on what to do, including changing clocks and wallpapers
-------------------------------------

The rest of the apps cant provide links.....here

But this is what I got so far

Games
Final Burn Alpha (neo geo, csps1)
Bejeweled
Hexic
Tetris
Collapse
Resco Bubbles (Like teeter but more difficult)
Monopoly Here and Now

Gonna look into the sims 2

Other programs
Memmaid (Cleaner)
Pimbackup backup utility
Garmin Mobile XT (Nav Software)
Sling Player Mobile
----------------------------------------

--------------
Lil Tricks
--------------

Voice Command

I dont know if most of you know. Your phone has a program built in called MS Voice Command. It was a stand alone prgram for the Mogul and others. It became built for the Tilt after the update.

Basically Voice command lets you speak to issue a command and sometimes the phone will do it
laugh.gif
. Reason why I say some times is that you have to speak very loud and clear.

U can have it tell you, what time it is, what day is it, whats ur battery level, to play a particular song, to call some one, to redial, to dial a number etc.

All u have to do is hold down the the phone answer key and youll see a lil mic pop up with a sound.
To start off, Id suggest you guys say help.
It will run u through what it can do.

To have it call someone, hold the key down, when u hear the noise say " Call _____ on mobile/at work/ at home"
It will confirm if its the right person and location, then say yes. It should dial after that
If its not, say no, then try again.

Some ppl it will not recognize to save its life lol but those are mostly hood names. Or if u have two contacts with the same name.

u can also say "Dial 718-123-4567" it will confirm if the numbers are correct and then dial.

It supposed to announce incomin calls and be able to read you ur email and text message, but alot of ppl are having problems with that, so maybe a fix for it soon.

------------------------
On screen Keyboard
-------------------------

While using the onscreen keyboard, do u notice the symbols above the letters and numbers? Normally ppl hit the 123 tab next to the space bar to input numbers and symbols.

U dont have to do that.

To get to the number and symbol above the letter, all u have to do is hold down that letter. Thats it, the symbol should appear.

--------------------------
World Card Reader
--------------------------

Nice little program thats built in on the phone. Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Basically what that does is U hold ur camera over a business card
Take a picture
The software then reads the text off the picture
Ur are then able to store that business card's info as a contact on your phone.

Try it, fire up the program and see for yourselves. Pretty neat..its no barcode scanner or nuttin
laugh.gif
. Tried in on a drivers liscense, doesnt work tho.

Thats all for now. I hope I helped out some who needed it. If any questions hit me up.
^Technology is advancing so RAPIDLY
eek.gif
!!! Sorry if I'mlate...

What am I looking at bill wise with the data plan and decent minutes?

Texting isn't a big deal to me if that matters

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

well, for starters I want to flash my rom with some sick created ones which i've seen in the past on there, but I can't find them rightnow. I'm looking moreso for my current phone (CDMA Touch = Vogue) but I don't know where they're located.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

Edit: By the way, the image in the slide to unlock example is inappropriate for NT. Please take it down. Thanks.

What am I looking at bill wise with the data plan and decent minutes
Have you tried looking at each carrier's website? Just set up a plan with a different smartphone/pocket pc if your carrier doesn't havethe Touch Pro. Taxes vary by state and the size of your plan.

the touch pro is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

100x better than the mogul...no lag time when opening/closing the qwerty.

n1313321065_147189_103.jpg

n1313321065_147190_482.jpg

n1313321065_147191_852.jpg

n1313321065_147191_852.jpg

n1313321065_147194_1977.jpg

I think I'm going to try and get one of these...I've had my 1 year anniversary, but I'll threaten to go back to Verizon because my 700wx is a POS.

Not to mention the BB debacle they put me through.

I don't want to pay 3 bills though, so we'll see.

Thanks for all the information posted.

Question...what cases are ya'll rockin with? The one it came with is ok but I might look into an upgrade.

And Holden, the phone doesn't feel big at all when you hold it in your hand. When I first saw pics I was worried about that but once I picked it up I knewit was good money
pimp.gif

^^^ true, it feels much smaller than the mogul...the mogul was big in my pocket, this is very nice.

i'm looking into a case as well, can you get like a silicon wrap case with slide phones? that would be nice instead of pulling it out of the case clip.

Can anyone post a pic of the case that came with the touch pro?
Thanks.
Sprint.com and i believe sprint stores are selling this case that is $25. Hopefully it is good.

just got off webchat with a CSR, tracking number good to go mine was shipped express
smokin.gif
should be here by the time I get home from work tomorrow
smokin.gif

I bought an 8gb microSD, about to set up the music with images, contacts with pictures, trying to get this thing in place so I can celebrate after I get homefrom the polls
smile.gif

i need to find someone to buy my 6800 (alltels mogul) so i can re up with this beauty when we get it.

WOW!!! is all I can say about the T-Mobile one. I can't believe they also left the front facing camera in there. I know we wont have video calls but atleast to take pictures is there. Do you know if they also left the FM radio chip? Also do we know for sure T-Mobile is going to have the best one or that nottheir final version? Also why don't they have that nice looking back cover? the diamond cut one.

Originally Posted by Snake201

WOW!!! is all I can say about the T-Mobile one. I can't believe they also left the front facing camera in there. I know we wont have video calls but at least to take pictures is there. Do you know if they also left the FM radio chip? Also do we know for sure T-Mobile is going to have the best one or that not their final version? Also why don't they have that nice looking back cover? the diamond cut one.
none of the NA releases are keeping the diamond cut cover. The T-mobile pictures are of the EU T-mo release, still not confirmed whether or not itwill maintain the front cam when it comes stateside

How much do you guys think I can sell my Mogul for.

I just had it replaced at the Sprint store so it's basically brand new.

What's my best bet at getting the highest price for it eBay or craigslist?

Back
Top Bottom