HTC TOUCH PRO / MDA VARIO IV / XV6850 / FUZE

I downloaded JD's rom, it's nice. I still want to find one, if it exists, that doesn't go back to the beginning menu when you open the phone fromTF3d in portrait mode to landscape mode. The workaround is to get to the regular WM6.1 screen (like for instance if you're reading a text) before openingthe keyboard and it'll stay in WM6.1 screen mode, but I wish they made the TF3d where it could change to landscape.

Here's the accessories I recommend. I just copped that hard case dude above recommended. But I also have
dsx-tchpro02.jpg

29.99 from Nakedcellphone on eBay (ships from CA),- charges the phone while holding it upright, also has a slot to charge an extra battery and a usb cable soyou can sync to your PC to transfer files. This is perfect for me now that I have an extra battery, so when I'm wifi hosting at work, I can just go all daytil one runs out then switch to the other

0502_1.JPG

24.99 B.I.N from cablesmith (ships from USA) and sometimes cheaper on auctions, but this is the TV Out cable. I know it looks like the OEM adapter that comeswith the phone, but that adapter can only be used for audio (has to do with the # of pins). This has the 2.5 and 3.5mm jacks, and an extra miniUSB so you caneven be charging your phone while you TV and/or audio out. Then it comes with the RCA cable (one 3.5mm jack on 1 end, r/y/w component inputs on the other toplug into a tv, dvd player, or whatever). This is way better than the OEM HTC TV Out, because that one is just the minUSB on one end and component on theother, so you can only use it with the phone and nothing else.

148-1.jpg

1.07 + free shipping B.I.N from user keyhere, ships from China- I just bought 3 sets of these. I really got it more for my mp3 player which didn't comewith an AC charger, but this will work for anything that can be plugged into USB.

shinafm_002_copy.jpg

Wireless transmitter, allows you to play anything with an audio input over the airways like a radio station and play it on your car or home stereo. Some carshave the line in which is better for this, but mine doesn't so I do this with my mp3 player and phone, since I just don't feel like burning CDsanymore.

BTW, is there a better media player than TCPMP and WMP? I have some high quality videos I legally downloaded off the internet that won't play. It'llplay the audio and when you pause it, you can see that frame, but it's too high of a framerate to play straight through. I have Super C and Axara for downconverting the quality and format, but that takes forever and I'm not about to do all of these

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

BTW, is there a better media player than TCPMP and WMP? I have some high quality videos I legally downloaded off the internet that won't play. It'll play the audio and when you pause it, you can see that frame, but it's too high of a framerate to play straight through. I have Super C and Axara for down converting the quality and format, but that takes forever and I'm not about to do all of these
Have u tried Kinoma Free Play? Im currently using that with orb and some other files and its ok so far. One thing tho, it monopolizes the devicefor pics and some other files.

Oh yea for those of yall who want to listen to some radio stations through stream bookmark this page on your phone:

http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/

At the top of the Page in the green banner, select your state. It will then show u the stations for your state. Click on the link and itll open in windowsmedia. Live Radio Streams of some of your fav stations!

For my nyc ppl

http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/?state=NY

They have Hot 97, Power 105.1, Z100 and more
pimp.gif

DatZNasty wrote:

Here's the accessories I recommend. I just copped that hard case dude above recommended. But I also have
dsx-tchpro02.jpg

29.99 from Nakedcellphone on eBay (ships from CA),- charges the phone while holding it upright, also has a slot to charge an extra battery and a usb cable so you can sync to your PC to transfer files. This is perfect for me now that I have an extra battery, so when I'm wifi hosting at work, I can just go all day til one runs out then switch to the other

0502_1.JPG

24.99 B.I.N from cablesmith (ships from USA) and sometimes cheaper on auctions, but this is the TV Out cable. I know it looks like the OEM adapter that comes with the phone, but that adapter can only be used for audio (has to do with the # of pins). This has the 2.5 and 3.5mm jacks, and an extra miniUSB so you can even be charging your phone while you TV and/or audio out. Then it comes with the RCA cable (one 3.5mm jack on 1 end, r/y/w component inputs on the other to plug into a tv, dvd player, or whatever). This is way better than the OEM HTC TV Out, because that one is just the minUSB on one end and component on the other, so you can only use it with the phone and nothing else.
Bout to cop those. Good Looks on that info

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Thanks DatzNasty...I'll probably cop all of those...

Where can I get Wi Fi Router app?

Here's the 0.91 version. It was the last freeware verion of the app. It has been upgraded since then but now requires purchase. Not a bad investment butthe freeware one still works.

http://justpctech.com/PPC/WMWifiRouter.CABhttp://justpctech.com/PPC/WMWifiRouter.CAB

Just a reminder, this eats ur battery alive and makes ur phone OD hot. Even while charging, it wont hold a charge once hot. Its def not for all day use. Thenewer version has a monitor to turn off the program once the phone reaches a certain temp.

Holden lemmie know if I cant post this type of stuff on here.

Oh ok, Appreciate it.

Does the battery heating up like that cause irreversible damage?

Also, How much is the newest version?

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

BTW, is there a better media player than TCPMP and WMP? I have some high quality videos I legally downloaded off the internet that won't play. It'll play the audio and when you pause it, you can see that frame, but it's too high of a framerate to play straight through. I have Super C and Axara for down converting the quality and format, but that takes forever and I'm not about to do all of these
Have u tried Kinoma Free Play? Im currently using that with orb and some other files and its ok so far. One thing tho, it monopolizes the device for pics and some other files.

Oh yea for those of yall who want to listen to some radio stations through stream bookmark this page on your phone:

http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/

eek.gif
, thanks mane! been looking for this site forever! i had it in my 1stmogul, then it broke and i forgot it.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Thanks DatzNasty...I'll probably cop all of those...

Where can I get Wi Fi Router app?
http://global.wmwifirouter.com/trial/ here's the newest one, 1.25. There is also anotherone called WalkingHotSpot, http://www.walkinghotspot.com Both are trials, you could use one for the 14 days orwhatever then switch to the other. But I just bought it, it's only 19.99$

This Kinoma Free Play plays those files, thanx to whoever recommended it. Or it says it will if I buy it
laugh.gif
This program uses the accelerometer though and it's making me dizzy becausethe slightest of movements makes the screen flip. If anyone needs help flashing a rom you can IM me and I'll help you. It's pretty simple really, andyes you can flash back to the original.

I'm interested to see how the PIE will work. The ROM I'm currently using has flash, to tell you the truth I dont even use the Opera browser at all

Guys Im on a BlackBerry right now.. My update for a new phone is coming up for Verizon and was wondering if I should wait to see if they are getting anythingnew .. I know VZW normally gets shafted on the phone selections but are they gettin any of the new models?

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

can anyone help me install "Advanced Config 3.3?"

i have the .NET compact framework already installed and i got the advanced config from here http://www.touchxperience.com/en/advanced-configuration-tool/downloads.htmlhttp://www.touchxperience...ation-tool/downloads.html

i synced it to my touch pro and opened the setup file in file explorer but then it just takes me to a blank page on opera.
It's a cab install. You don't use Sync, you gotta transfer the cab onto your phone

I'm still on the fence, I can upgrade to either the Fuze or the iphone, but im not sure which one I should get.

I got the new KK's rom 1.4, don't like it. I'm going back down to the 0.9. The .9 had where the TF3d interface could portrait when you opened thephone, it gave you a configuration version of the tab you where at (like if you were at weather then opened the keyboard it'd bring up a graphicalinterface to add a city, delete a city, switch to celsius, update now, etc.) which lou geooked 100x better than that lameass return to the beginning interfaceyou get by default.

These programs are stupid as hell too. Anybody else played pocket sand? Like what is the *!$%!++ point of this?

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

I'm still on the fence, I can upgrade to either the Fuze or the iphone, but im not sure which one I should get.

What phone/device are you using right now? What features do you use the most? Do you use your iPod/MP3 player often? For music, movies, or both? How often doyou purchase new phones? Are you comfortable customizing your phone? There's no point in listing the pros and cons of these devices without knowingwhat's important to you. It's all relative. At the very least, you should wait 'til news of a new iPhone or iPhone OS version drops so youdon't have buyer's remorse. I'm waiting for iPhone news, news of the Palm Pre's compatibility with SERO plans, and what new smartphones are dueout later in the year (Touch HD?).

Originally Posted by killa couch

should i get an htc touch pro or a samsung omnia...or should i just wait for the hd to come out
Samsung Omnia user and PhoneScoop reviews.

HTC Touch Pro user reviews.

Like anyone asking for phone advice, you're best equipped to answer your own question. We don't know what you need and value in a phone so it'sdifficult to say what would be better for you.

Back
Top Bottom