Huarache 2K4 is Back 2016

They were last colorway when they released all of the lasers stateside, they had an "8" on the back that the original didnt

all 2k4 cw are now on sale for $99 at most FTL and HOH
smokin.gif

Has anyone been playing ball in these? I'm thinking about getting a pair to play outdoors in, but I'm not sure if the retros are meant to ball in lol

Don't sleep guys! Unlike the "Wolf Grey" where I felt that the official pics were very deceiving compared to the actual shoe, this Maize colorway looks as good is person as in the official pics and for some reason, I don't feel like they are "flimsy" unlike the "wolf grey". For the record, I went 0.5 up.

Obviously bad lighting and a Galaxy S3 pic don't do them justice.

Anyone ball in these new retros yet?

Yes. For some reason, they aren't exactly like they were back in 04-05. Yet they are 95% better than all other shoes out there still.
I felt the difference in the ankle support and a bit on the cushioning. Grip was great, toe structure felt good, leather good.

Never was a fan of these balling wise even back in 04. And yes I know that these were THE shoe for a good 2-3 years. I just felt the cushioning was always too minimal for my taste.

Never was a fan of these balling wise even back in 04. And yes I know that these were THE shoe for a good 2-3 years. I just felt the cushioning was always too minimal for my taste.
I can definitely see that they were too minimal for some -- this is actually a big reason why I enjoyed them, it was just about the right amount of cushioning for me.  

Really enjoyed the foot-hugging fit and the heel support too though

I'm holding out for just a slightly better deal on the black/yellows.  Wish the jetstream/royal pair would re-release

I can definitely see that they were too minimal for some -- this is actually a big reason why I enjoyed them, it was just about the right amount of cushioning for me.  

Really enjoyed the foot-hugging fit and the heel support too though
sounds good to me since I like the kobe 8, 9.

What was the best price so far for these retros?

I think close to 100 has been the best

If you've tried the Kobe V or VI, these have the same zoom air midsole setup:
Im sold. However, I do prefer the kobe 5 > 6 becuz lockdown was better for me and lower to the ground. The kobe 6 had a lot more cushion and felt like it should have been a mid/high top

Are these more like the 5 or 6 in terms of how thick the the midsole is?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom