HUF San Fransisco closing down...sad

You spelled San Francisco wrong
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by MK25toLife

Good, I remember I went in there and was in there looking around by myself for a good 10 minutes and none of the workers said ANYTHING

I'll never understand why people get but hurt over this.
Don't get it either. What's with dudes needing to be coddled by retail employees?

if they said something to him his post would be 
"good, i remember i as soon as i went in there dudes tried to get me to buy something"

surprised it didn't happen sooner. i dont get how all these specialty boutiques stay open?? If they aren't selling name brand, commercially available shoes, they aren't making much money on a daily basis. Rent, utilities and employee all cost money. For example, Benny Gold has a small clothing shop in san francisco that only sells his brand. he can't be selling more than a couple shirts a day. how the hell does that pay for rent?

surprised it didn't happen sooner. i dont get how all these specialty boutiques stay open?? If they aren't selling name brand, commercially available shoes, they aren't making much money on a daily basis. Rent, utilities and employee all cost money. For example, Benny Gold has a small clothing shop in san francisco that only sells his brand. he can't be selling more than a couple shirts a day. how the hell does that pay for rent?

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshakes

I just want to take this time out to say respect to that store but...

There were some straight busters working there throughout the years. All my bay area heads who have been going since around the 2002-2007 era got some stories for sure. I mostly stayed in the clothing spot but many times I wanted to crack some of those dudes in the head with a bottle. Respect to Massan, Eugene and Nao, Those dudes held me down.

Watched so many dudes rollin in there and get straight dissed. I mean clowned on and disrespected to their faces, Mega used to be ruthless
30t6p3b.gif

I remember rolling through on saturday morning and seeing the line 3 blocks down for a single fitted. Remember the HUf Diggers? I copped about 2000 worth of t shirts in a month only years later to not even be able to give those joints away
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This was the place to go though when they had all three stores open simultaneously. That whole era was ill. R.I.P.
laugh.gif
I've been tellin dudes for the longest time, HUF employees be on a high horse especially when the whole dunk SB craze was poppin.
They was good people though. Staff was *!#%##@% to some people, but Mega was cool with me though.

There were some straight busters working there throughout the years. All my bay area heads who have been going since around the 2002-2007 era got some stories for sure. I mostly stayed in the clothing spot but many times I wanted to crack some of those dudes in the head with a bottle. Respect to Massan, Eugene and Nao, Those dudes held me down.

Watched so many dudes rollin in there and get straight dissed. I mean clowned on and disrespected to their faces, Mega used to be ruthless
30t6p3b.gif

I remember rolling through on saturday morning and seeing the line 3 blocks down for a single fitted. Remember the HUf Diggers? I copped about 2000 worth of t shirts in a month only years later to not even be able to give those joints away
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This was the place to go though when they had all three stores open simultaneously. That whole era was ill. R.I.P.
laugh.gif
I've been tellin dudes for the longest time, HUF employees be on a high horse especially when the whole dunk SB craze was poppin.
They was good people though. Staff was *!#%##@% to some people, but Mega was cool with me though.

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

Yeah, the only shop that I know of that's really getting it in is Shoe Gallery down in Miami. But they've been around for a long time, have a lot of major accounts and a wide variety of clothing and gear to go with kicks.They definitely bank, but it takes a long time to be able to set yourself up like that and the mortality rate for the business is high. And if you throw in the fact that unless it's really hyped, most people will wait and poach for sales, make them lucky to just break even. Walter's in Atlanta looked like they had it together too, but they mostly just sell shoes, wouldn't consider it a boutique. And their overhead is lower too because it's just one big closet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

Yeah, the only shop that I know of that's really getting it in is Shoe Gallery down in Miami. But they've been around for a long time, have a lot of major accounts and a wide variety of clothing and gear to go with kicks.They definitely bank, but it takes a long time to be able to set yourself up like that and the mortality rate for the business is high. And if you throw in the fact that unless it's really hyped, most people will wait and poach for sales, make them lucky to just break even. Walter's in Atlanta looked like they had it together too, but they mostly just sell shoes, wouldn't consider it a boutique. And their overhead is lower too because it's just one big closet
laugh.gif

The age of the boutique has lonnggg been over.

And from what I heard, this has been in the works for a while. I'm not speaking strictly due to boutiques being done, but the level that Huf wants to be at as a brand.

The age of the boutique has lonnggg been over.

And from what I heard, this has been in the works for a while. I'm not speaking strictly due to boutiques being done, but the level that Huf wants to be at as a brand.

I mean clowned on and disrespected to their faces, Mega used to be ruthless

Doesn't Mega own Black Scale now? Man I used to love Black Scale back in 08-09, but their clothes have a taken a turn for the worst. They used to create some nice simple pieces, than all of a sudden - they threw in devils, Hebrew stars, crosses and so on which turned me off instantly. I went from "can't wait to see what they drop next" to "smh what is this?" in a matter of months.

These boutique street labels can only last so long. Customer service, quality, and design can all either make you - or break you.

Tough, but with this economy - anything can flop.

Doesn't Mega own Black Scale now? Man I used to love Black Scale back in 08-09, but their clothes have a taken a turn for the worst. They used to create some nice simple pieces, than all of a sudden - they threw in devils, Hebrew stars, crosses and so on which turned me off instantly. I went from "can't wait to see what they drop next" to "smh what is this?" in a matter of months.

These boutique street labels can only last so long. Customer service, quality, and design can all either make you - or break you.

Originally Posted by ALDY

LA > SF.

RIP to Huf SF though..

I've been in both SF & LA locations..

Workers at both area's were good people.

Only difference is the size of the store with LA's being very tiny and only selling Huf Brand Items..
I hope you're only talking about the stores when saying LA>SF

Originally Posted by ALDY

LA > SF.

RIP to Huf SF though..

I've been in both SF & LA locations..

Workers at both area's were good people.

Only difference is the size of the store with LA's being very tiny and only selling Huf Brand Items..
I hope you're only talking about the stores when saying LA>SF

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Yeah I was gonna say... Is it the same Mega that owns Black Scale? I guess it is.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Yeah I was gonna say... Is it the same Mega that owns Black Scale? I guess it is.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
I'm not in SF so I don't go to HUF, but I have to agree about the employee's being total douches. I understand hooking up your regulars, friends and family, but there should be no reason these boutique shops(Alife, Huf, Supreme, Nort, UDFTD, etc.) should be disrespecting their customers or potential customers. Where is the logic in that? Maybe that is the reason why they are failing and having to close down shops. Only reason some of the people put up with $$%+ like that was because they would get limited crap no other spot would get, so they could buy, resell and because some of them flat out had no self-respect. How come sneaker shops in the hood could last 20+ years, but these hyped boutique can't even last a decade. The difference is they actually provide good customer service and treat people with respect, had they tried that from the get go maybe people would have been loyal and got return business, instead of walking out saying what bunch of jerks. Maybe if you can build a brand like Supreme with cult following you may get away with it, but even Supreme realized it and started treating people a little better. It doesn't hurt to treat people with some dignity.

Anyway the golden era for streetwear and sneakers are long gone and I realized that waiting in line for the cool grey 11's last year. These new breed of "collectors" have no idea what this hobby/culture was about. I'll end my rant here.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
I'm not in SF so I don't go to HUF, but I have to agree about the employee's being total douches. I understand hooking up your regulars, friends and family, but there should be no reason these boutique shops(Alife, Huf, Supreme, Nort, UDFTD, etc.) should be disrespecting their customers or potential customers. Where is the logic in that? Maybe that is the reason why they are failing and having to close down shops. Only reason some of the people put up with $$%+ like that was because they would get limited crap no other spot would get, so they could buy, resell and because some of them flat out had no self-respect. How come sneaker shops in the hood could last 20+ years, but these hyped boutique can't even last a decade. The difference is they actually provide good customer service and treat people with respect, had they tried that from the get go maybe people would have been loyal and got return business, instead of walking out saying what bunch of jerks. Maybe if you can build a brand like Supreme with cult following you may get away with it, but even Supreme realized it and started treating people a little better. It doesn't hurt to treat people with some dignity.

Anyway the golden era for streetwear and sneakers are long gone and I realized that waiting in line for the cool grey 11's last year. These new breed of "collectors" have no idea what this hobby/culture was about. I'll end my rant here.

BgL2687 wrote

don't know about the LA location, but SF
laugh.gif
...them dudes didn't even know what customer service was. 

Thank You! I didn't want to be the only one coming in here to give out a bad goodbye but the workers wouldn't helped you unless they knew you had money, damn near had to flash a hundred out my pocket everytime I walked in

Back
Top Bottom