Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

Didn't lose power in New Port Richey.
Didn't flood at all. Just some rain.
My neighbors are elderly and they've been through it all so I guess that's why they stayed but it's better to be safe than sorry.

The trip back was as worse as the drive to.

Stayed in a lake house though so I can't complain. The weather in Georgia was spectacular.

Met some cool females around my age (younger people) that I didn't know and we became friends.

Saw IT and it was great.

Lost power for one day but moved to another house that had power and then we Home.

Kinda wished I stayed longer tho. Not ready to return to this humidity.

Three post-Irma purchases:

Igloo Sportsman Cooler - Supposed to work nearly as well as "designer" coolers but checks in at last then half the price. Need this for ice/fridge/freezer items. Realized after Irma that none of my coolers worked very well.

Amazon product ASIN B00XJFIVTK
Champion Power Generator - Spent $800 at Lowes for a generator that does way more than I need. Didn't use it and will take it back sometime this week. Found this one on amazon and picked it up. It has great reviews, is good on gas, and can run all of the essentials (fridge, window ac, tv, etc.) Power is simultaneously the most important resource in a household and the most likely to go out in a storm. This should handle that at a good price.

Amazon product ASIN B009E26LL2
Frigidaire Window Unit - small enough to be run off an average sized generator, but should also be powerful enough to keep tv room cool once power is out and we've got to revert to generator power. Will keep the wife and kids happy for a few days while you wait for the main power to kick back on.

Amazon product ASIN B00W2KG92Y
Also, strongly recommend an HD antenna for when cable goes out. Been watching football all weekend with no issues while cable and internet goes in and out.

If Irma would have hit Miami directly, it would have been over for us. There's still a lot of neighborhoods without electricity and a lot of the streetlights are still down. Police have blocked off plenty of major intersections to avoid accidents. Nothing major happened at the house, just a wooden fence that came down on the side. But we're still without cable or internet...**** Comcast :stoneface:

What the hell is going on?

DCFA3ECB-CF2E-4368-8382-074C17962795.jpeg

Although we dodged a bullet, if this bs is gonna be an annual thing ima prob look at moving the fam back to GA. We moved here (tampa) 7 yrs ago and this is the first scare so I'm not stressing yet.

If Irma would have hit Miami directly, it would have been over for us. There's still a lot of neighborhoods without electricity and a lot of the streetlights are still down. Police have blocked off plenty of major intersections to avoid accidents. Nothing major happened at the house, just a wooden fence that came down on the side. But we're still without cable or internet...**** Comcast :stoneface:

Still?

What the hell is going on?

:rofl: What did we do to piss God off?

Back
Top Bottom