Hyperdunk defect?

Alright, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I was wondering how many of you guys have had the hyperdunk sole rip from the shoe itself? I knowthis was very common in the 2k5 as well. I was wondering if this is considered a defect and if it was possible to send back to Nike for a voucher or anotherpair. Aside from the sole coming off, these are by FARRR the best basketball shoes ever made in my opinion. If it is possible to send back to Nike, what arethe procedures? Thank you all in advance.

the sole separating from the shoe is a defect...but the hyperdunks are definitely the most overrated shoes ever made. nike even admitted they sucked.

Originally Posted by mt3130

the sole separating from the shoe is a defect...but the hyperdunks are definitely the most overrated shoes ever made. nike even admitted they sucked.
They did?

Originally Posted by dj sven

They did?

yeah when did this happen? I do agree with that statement

The Hyperdunk is a defect of a basketball shoe.

Boo to Nike for coming up with and releasing this crap.

WOW, who would have thought that there were so many hyperdunk haters? I HIGHLY doubt that nike said they sucked or anything to that effect because they arereally pushing these. If the hypedunk was crap it would be be getting the playing time that it has been on the feet of college, high school, and pro athletesalike. It has everything that you can ask for in a shoe and then some. Stop hating.

"WOW, who would have thought that there were so many hyperdunk haters? I HIGHLY doubt that nike said they sucked or anything to that effect because theyare really pushing these. If the hypedunk was crap it would be be getting the playing time that it has been on the feet of college, high school, and proathletes alike. It has everything that you can ask for in a shoe and then some. Stop hating."

Either they are 1) getting new HDs every couple of games to make up for the SIGNIFICANTLY diminished forefoot cushioning (I know for fact that some players onthe UW Husky Men's team have done this), 2) using non-HD insole replacements, or 3) are too dim to figure out that their forefoot cushioning has becomemushy, non-responsive, pain-inducing crap.

I suspect that college and pros are falling into the first catagory.

The only thing Hyper about the Hyperdunk is the Hype surrounding it - nothing more, nothing less.

If you are in need of a similarly cut, higher performing shoe, cop some Zoom Huarache 09s!

Hyperdunk = Hyped Up Crap.

Originally Posted by clkru

"WOW, who would have thought that there were so many hyperdunk haters? I HIGHLY doubt that nike said they sucked or anything to that effect because they are really pushing these. If the hypedunk was crap it would be be getting the playing time that it has been on the feet of college, high school, and pro athletes alike. It has everything that you can ask for in a shoe and then some. Stop hating."

Either they are 1) getting new HDs every couple of games to make up for the SIGNIFICANTLY diminished forefoot cushioning (I know for fact that some players on the UW Husky Men's team have done this), 2) using non-HD insole replacements, or 3) are too dim to figure out that their forefoot cushioning has become mushy, non-responsive, pain-inducing crap.

I suspect that college and pros are falling into the first catagory.

The only thing Hyper about the Hyperdunk is the Hype surrounding it - nothing more, nothing less.

If you are in need of a similarly cut, higher performing shoe, cop some Zoom Huarache 09s!

Hyperdunk = Hyped Up Crap.

Preach! huarache 09's are the best sneakers

nike admitted the cushioning on the hyperdunks bottomed out when they released pictures and info about the hyperlites. they said that the hyperlites fixed thebottoming out issue the hyperdunks have. that info = a diplomatic way of saying they messed up with the hyperdunks.

nike admitted the cushioning on the hyperdunks bottomed out when they released pictures and info about the hyperlites. they said that the hyperlites fixed the bottoming out issue the hyperdunks have. that info = a diplomatic way of saying they messed up with the hyperdunks.
haven't had problems with mine yet but then again i have played in them about 10x or so

Originally Posted by Kid LeBron

^pics?
nahh nothing major like your thinking.

some of the flywire threads are just tearing a little, and some parts of the back heel of the sole are beginning to rip since i've played in them for ourwhole season..

i see the hyperdunk as a test shoe.
for the first couple of wearings it lives up to its hype
overall they are great shoes to play in
but then the bottoming out happens.. which i have yet to experience

they're introducing new technology with the flywire and the lunar foam
it's their first run at it almost like the bb4s for basketball
yes the bb4s were great performers, or as i've heard
but nike also hadda work on making the shox columns more suitable for players

As for college/professional basketball players
yes they get new pairs either every game or every other
and a lot of them wear orthotics so they don't really know the feeling of the shoe
I read an interview in a magazine with AJ Abrams about shoes and whatnot
and he said he doesn't know the difference between the shoes he plays in
because he wears orthotics
so for hs players it sucks because they usually get stuck with one pair of shoes per season
and unles they're sneakerheads like us, they dont know about hte technology of the shoes
as for my alma mater... they had home and away colorways, the coach spoiled them
becaues they were supposed to be the greatest team teh schools seen [boy is it disappointing]
but yeah they dont kill the shoes too much, but i also talked to the guys and let them know about the lunar foam
so a lot of them broke them in the first couple of practices and then used other shoes as practice shoes.

Back
Top Bottom