Hyperdunk v. Soldier III for ballin'?

I know the Hyperdunks are known to bottom out, but I'm wondering when this problem will kick in, since I retire bball shoes after 2-3 months anyway. Icopped the Soldier III for 70 at FL, but am thinking of trading them for Hyperdunks for two reasons: want to see what all the fuss is about with theHyperdunks, and also, the Soldier III's apparently don't come in 13.5, which is my size, but Hyperdunks do. I'm 6'4 190 and play mostly on thewing. Solider IIIs fit alright on my feet, but they're a little tight at the front and I'm wondering if they'll break in at all. Thoughts andopinions?

First of all the HD's fit is weird , I have a sz 11(11.5 is my normal size) on these and a sz 12 on the ZKIV and the HD's are larger! Anyway check yoursizing first. For 2-3 months the HD's is the best thing you can get, performance wise there's nothing comparable to these!
The Soldiers become softer on the upper after a while.

If you are looking for a 2-3 true performance sneaker just go get the Hyperdunks! The Soldiers are amazing too but in terms of fit, lockdown and overallperformance the HD's are better.

the soldier 3s come in a size 13.5.

heres what you do. order the shoes in 13.5 from eastbay.com or footlocker.com. then when they come in send the other pair back and say you received the wrongsize to get your money back.

im pretty rough on shoes, especially the forefoot so the hyperdunks lasted me about four and a half weeks. it was the worst money ive ever spent. to this day iwill not buy shoes with lunarfoam in them. these shoes are also super restrictive around the ankle.

the soldier 3s have lasted me about 4 months now and are only showing a little wear. plus the soldier 3s have forefoot zoom air, better traction, and giveankle support without compromising flexibility.

Originally Posted by mt3130

heres what you do. order the shoes in 13.5 from eastbay.com or footlocker.com. then when they come in send the other pair back and say you received the wrong size to get your money back.
sounds like you dont this before
laugh.gif
the soldiers to me are agreat shoe for balling. also depends on the thickness of your sock

I'd go with the soldier 3, with zoom air and plenty of positive reviews you know what you're getting, while the hyperdunk is a love/hate type of shoe.

You'll definitely have to go with the Solder 3's, IMO durable and great performance

Back
Top Bottom