I AM GOING TO PUT YOU ON TO MAYOR HAWTHORNE ....

I am not sure how many of you folks know about this dude, but I suggest you check him out.� The story behind him is that he jokingly made 3 or 4 songs thatsomehow made its way to the guys at Stones Throw and he got signed off the strength of his joke of an attempt!!!! Very Motown-%#@.... and the video is dope!!

I just got an email from Stones Throw about this guy, lol. Video is pretty cool.

He only has 3 tracks out.....but you will hear more from him soon....the video is so dope, it covers all the girls you can deal with (for the most part)...
1st girl is shallow and has a accessory dog
2nd girl is the girl that take you for granted
3rd girl is the girl takes your heart and has problems
4th girl is the one who you cant have....

its so dope....at least I think so.....check out "I wish it would rain" no video, but the track is dope...

dude i was looking for his music the other day!

I definitely will take all the stuff you have...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

dude i was looking for his music the other day!

I definitely will take all the stuff you have...
nerd.gif
send me a pm with your email I will send you what I have...

pimp.gif

"Just Ain't Gonna Work Out"
"Just Ain't Gonna Work Out (Astronote Remix)"
"When I Said Goodbye"
"I Wish It Would Rain"
"Maybe So, Maybe No"
"Green Eyed Love"

Been lookin' for the "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out" 7" (Heart) Vinyl since it first released...and luckily a good friend of mine is ableto hook one up.

Can't wait till his full-length album drops!

Also, y'all should check out Chin Chin. They recently droppedalbum entitled "The Flashing, The Fancing" and had a free d/l-able EP called "Go There With You".

I heard his music a while back but couldn't find it online....Stones Throw artists are the only artists I have trouble finding sometimes.

copped his <3 shaped vinyl couple months ago! cant wait for his album!! i like how in the video dam-funk made a cameo haha

"i know you will understand my ways..... one day" dangggg

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I heard his music a while back but couldn't find it online....Stones Throw artists are the only artists I have trouble finding sometimes.
Because Stones Throw goes hard on stopping their mat'l from leaking
tired.gif
I'll leave it @ that. Either way, the album has leaked already.

But yeah, Mayer Hawthorne is the business. Actually, if you see him DJ (DJ Haircut), you'll know his musical roots are true.

I actually caught him performing a short set @ SXSW and then I caught the tail end of a performance in LA @ this small @@## club. The music...it's hard todescribe. If you're into soul & Motown, seeing him live is a cool experience. Hearing it live amps it up just a little more.

We've been chronicling him for a long time b/c one of our writers = one of his best friends yada ya. Definitely rooting for him all the way.

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/04/mayer-hawthornes-fave-five

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/04/introducing-mayer-hawthorne-and-the-county

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/05/considering-everybody

There's some other posts as well, I'll dig'em up.

I've got the sampler that Stones Throw put out as well. Not sure if the mods will allow a link though.

met him at a show out here in LA... vince or whatever from entourage was there to see him too, he was cool as hell

I hope this dude accidentally changes the landscape of todays popular music.

That's a stretch, but son seems like some sort of unwitting genius.

Back
Top Bottom